Edward Via - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!:cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
In. Will be submitting my apps this week for verification SC resident hoping to stay close to home. Fingers crossed for this school.

Does Edward Via screen? Or are they waiting to send secondaries?

I received the secondary yesterday. I'm not sure if they screen though.

Guys help! I made a mistake on one of my medical experiences on my application. I am already verified, with a secondary sent to me. Instead of 09/2009-12/2010, I wrote 09/2010-12/2010. The hours are also incorrect. I have absolutely no idea how I missed this. In VCOM's secondaries there is an area to add expierences that are NOT mentioned in AACOMAS. Do you think it would be acceptable for me to just add it there and correct the dates. Or should I add the experience again to my application and fix the dates/hours. OR should i contact VCOM directly??
Any help is appreciated guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having issues paying the secondary application fee? I tried paying several times but kept getting an error information. Now when I submit the secondary I don't receive a link to process the payment but instead receive a "privileges error" message.

I noticed on their website that they accept LORs through virtualeval, inter folio, or direct submission. Does this mean that I cannot just have my professor upload it to the AACOMAS application?

I noticed on their website that they accept LORs through virtualeval, inter folio, or direct submission. Does this mean that I cannot just have my professor upload it to the AACOMAS application?
I'm hoping that since it's new that AACOMAS is sending out LoRs themselves that VCOM hasn't updated this page yet? I'm still waiting to hear about my application here being complete, as in, them receiving my LoRs.

Please share the secondary prompt, thank you.

Thank you so much guys, really appreciate the prompt replies.

Then why did we pay for 3 different primary applications?
I wouldn't know, I had a fee waiver. But, I suppose it's because each VCOM campus is independent. Just because you can fill out one application doesn't mean you pay for one school, because you can send your app up to 3 schools with that "one" app. If you choose to send your app to multiple VCOM campuses, you pay accordingly.

In reference to the speeding ticket question...I got a speeding ticket once but had the charge reduced to a minor traffic violation with no points on my license, can I answer No to this question?

In reference to the speeding ticket question...I got a speeding ticket once but had the charge reduced to a minor traffic violation with no points on my license, can I answer No to this question?

I don't see why not? there's no way they could know that other than if you told them since it got reduced.

Eh, I just put yes just in case, and briefly explained that the charge was reduced. Submitted secondary yesterday.

Just submitted my secondary today. 500 words is a lot compared to the other schools secondaries that have a couple essays with a limit of only 2000 characters. This secondary was beastly. Honestly though, this feels like a great school. Good luck to everybody applying!

I wonder when interview invites will start going out

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, me too. I hope it's soon. I really want to get to know more about this school. I feel like their website might not reflect it's potential.

That being said, I REALLY hope they send me an interview invite. I already like what I've read, but I'm from the west coast and I'd like to know more. :)

so I received the secondary on 6/25 but I did not know until few days ago when I checked my spam folder :bang:
I am going to submit it by tonight or tomorrow. Am I like really disadvantaged at the moment?

is it true that VCOM screens for a 3.2 science GPA? I either have a 3.18 or a 3.22 science, I forget which. Should I hold off on submitting this app until AACOMAS verifies me?

What do you think my chances are guys? I have already received a secondary, but still worried about my MCAT score. I am retaking next week and im not sure how I feel about this new MCAT...
3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA
MCAT: 23 (9 PS,6 VB,8 BIO)

Reactions: 1 user
What do you think my chances are guys? I have already received a secondary, but still worried about my MCAT score. I am retaking next week and im not sure how I feel about this new MCAT...
3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA
MCAT: 23 (9 PS,6 VB,8 BIO)

Your stats are so similar to mine. Good luck to both of us

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their account to submit the secondary?

Has anyone's secondary been marked complete yet or received a complete email?

Nope. I submitted mine on 7/9/15 and I haven't heard anything.

I emailed the Admin Office and they said I was marked complete. It doesn't sound like they tell you either way. You just have to ask.

Does it matter if I have not had anybody guide me in my decision to practice medicine? I decided on my own. Since that decision I've worked as a scribe and have worked with several physicians. Obviously I've picked their brains, but they didn't guide me at all. Am I missing out by not filling out this section? Would it be better to put a physician's name in there?

So just out of curiosity, how do II work for this group of schools? We applied to all three "campuses" through one secondary when we ranked our preference, so do all the schools have their own admissions that sends out II or is there just one admissions for all of the campuses? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it just seems weird.

So just out of curiosity, how do II work for this group of schools? We applied to all three "campuses" through one secondary when we ranked our preference, so do all the schools have their own admissions that sends out II or is there just one admissions for all of the campuses? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it just seems weird.

You will interview at the main campus (Virginia) if I'm not mistaken. Then from there, if you get accepted they will place you based on your preferred ranking. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
You will interview at the main campus (Virginia) if I'm not mistaken. Then from there, if you get accepted they will place you based on your preferred ranking. Best of luck to you!
Ohh okay, thanks!

Not sure how the campuses coordinate it but each campus has own admissions staff and they take your ranking into consideration when they offer you an interview. You may have Virginia ranked first but you may still only get an interview with the South Carolina or Auburn campus.