Edward Via - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the secondary app where it asks for the Letters of Rec info, for the address section are they asking for the address of the physician's practice or the address of the institution they graduated from?

Members don't see this ad.

On the secondary app where it asks for the Letters of Rec info, for the address section are they asking for the address of the physician's practice or the address of the institution they graduated from?

Office address

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Their website shows a COMLEX level 1 first attempt mean score of around 505 for 2016. Is this a common score? Does anyone know how well they prepare their students for the test? and how the students prepare?
Thanks!

So I got an email from admission asking me to call them back asap. I called them back but nobody picked up. Is this how they invite people for interviews? What's going on lol?

Their website shows a COMLEX level 1 first attempt mean score of around 505 for 2016. Is this a common score? Does anyone know how well they prepare their students for the test? and how the students prepare?
Thanks!

From KCUMB's stats - 2016 national average is around 534 so I would say VCOM's 505 is a relatively weak, albeit passing, score. (I understand VCOM's score is for first attempt mean and this is just a general national average, take that as you will).

http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/college-of-osteopathic-medicine/students-and-alumni/COMLEX/

I got this email today. What does it mean? Do I still have a chance?

We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation.

Please be advised: considering the volume of applications we receive, the review process may take up to three months. As soon as the committee has had the opportunity to review your file, we will be certain to notify you by email.

So I got an email from admission asking me to call them back asap. I called them back but nobody picked up. Is this how they invite people for interviews? What's going on lol?

yeah that's how they send out IIs!
that's how I got mine :soexcited:

II on sep 28th. Anyone else interviewing on that date or before that?

Hey everyone, I'm a current M1 and just wanted to wish everyone luck on their application season! I know the entire process can be long and infuriating but you all will get there....and medical school is tiring so get used to the marathon :) That being said, my school is the best and I could go on and on but I need to be studying now so I will keep this short.
I breezed through the posts and just wanted to clarify a few things...the interviews will be done in Spartanburg if you are granted an interview. Your interview invite and acceptance to VCOM-CC will come by phone call. All 3 schools are linked but there are still plenty of differences. For example, we start at different times and have different course schedules but we have access to each others lecture recordings. Which is super helpful if you know you learn a certain way.
2015 was the first graduate year for this campus, and all of the students placed in residency. There are plenty of statistics on the website, but bottom line is VCOM does block scheduling, so you have 8 blocks in 2 years. And the entire last block is just for board prep. Keep in mind, we're studying non-stop for classes that are catered to boards. And referencing board books while we study for a class.
Best of luck!

Guys, I am also a first year student and all I want to share with you is... There is hope!!!
I have met many people here who came from all over the country and with different backgrounds.
As far as MCAT, do your best and make sure your resume has something interesting. I particularly had a low MCAT and great research and other work experiences. I have met people who had 23s and 24s and got in with their only interview just because they did something special to make themselves count. Do something!!! I am a non traditional student so I took a couple of classes after college just to make myself familiar to some stuff. They asked me that during the interview btw.
VCOM is a great school, they really focus on who you are and what good can come out of you. Thank God they not only look at number, otherwise many of us wouldn't be here.

Good luck.

(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows what's the acceptance rate after interviews here? Thank you

That was the day I received the "your file is complete" email, prior to that I submitted my secondary July 14 but was still waiting on one letter of rec to come in.

still haven't recieved a secondary from VCOM - aacomas app verified mid july. is it because of my stats?
3.23 sgpa/3.54 cgpa, 23 mcat (8b/9v/6p)

still haven't recieved a secondary from VCOM - aacomas app verified mid july. is it because of my stats?
3.23 sgpa/3.54 cgpa, 23 mcat (8b/9v/6p)
I am not sure why.. You seem to meet all the requirements. Maybe give them a call? It is my understanding though that Vcom does screen and doesn't just send secondaries to everyone meeting the requirements .

II yesterday! I got a call explaining how to log in and select my interview date, but I couldn't find the page I need to be on. Can anyone help?

II yesterday! I got a call explaining how to log in and select my interview date, but I couldn't find the page I need to be on. Can anyone help?
Did you get an earlier secondary? My secondary did not have the updated check your status link. You'll need to call them and ask for an updated secondary email that includes a Check Your Status link.

Did you get an earlier secondary? My secondary did not have the updated check your status link. You'll need to call them and ask for an updated secondary email that includes a Check Your Status link.
Yes I did! Thank you!

So are the people with interviews counting it as one interview or three? Just for you personal tallies that is.

II!!!

Last edited:
Does interviewing here mean interviewing for all 3? Or just this campus?

II! scheduled for Oct 19th! Complete August 31 Lizzy M ~ 66

I was scheduled for an interview on 10/9, but I withdrew today. Kinda sad about it, but I decided it was best! I hope one of you gets my interview slot :)

Hey Just got my II on October 13th today. If anyone is going to be there and wants to hang out in the city the day before, let me know!

Accepted!!!!!! So thankful and honored. First choice school, see y'all next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If one get accepted here can they transfer to one of the other two campuses (Virgina or Auburn)?

If one get accepted here can they transfer to one of the other two campuses (Virgina or Auburn)?
I think your acceptance is specific to the campus you interviewed at.

I was accepted too!! Got the call earlier today!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed Monday and was accepted today!! Ahhh first acceptance!!

Reactions: 2 users
You sure?
Not entirely sure but the acceptance packet says you've been accepted to that particular campus so I don't think it's as easy as transferring a name on a list. Maybe contact Whitney King in admissions at VCOM-CC. She's awesome with answering questions and guiding you in the right directions :)

Do any of you know if anyone has made a VCOM-CC Class of 2020 facebook page yet??

Just made the VCOM-CC Class of 2020 Facebook group for those of you attending next fall! PM me for the link :)

Last edited:
I asked they said they only interview you at the campus you are best fit for even if you applied to all three, which I did.
I feel that the other two locations give the students more opportunities to get involved in research. That is why I asked.

I feel that the other two locations give the students more opportunities to get involved in research. That is why I asked.
Well it depends on the Doctor you want to be. Personally I want to do clinical research gathering data, more epidemiological work to understand disease trends and preventions. VCOM is perfectly fine for that especially if you live close to it like myself 60 miles away and already have connections with a few hospitals and doctors. You can always do research at a near by university within reason. I know they told me that could be done.

What do you think my chances are guys? I have already received a secondary, but still worried about my MCAT score. I am retaking next week and im not sure how I feel about this new MCAT...
3.86cGPA
3.83sGPA
MCAT: 23 (9 PS,6 VB,8 BIO)
Jw if you got in?