Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take for you guys to receive your official package after the phone call?? i want MINE!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that they won't be sent out until next Friday.

congrats to all of those accepted so far! Do any current students have any info on the board pass rates/average board scores yet? Info would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
waiting for an ii~ had some missing info, so had to resubmit a week + ago! hopefully everything goes well from here! Congrats to all who got in! : )

congrats to all of those accepted so far! Do any current students have any info on the board pass rates/average board scores yet? Info would be appreciated!

According to someone in the admisisons office the COMLEX step 1 scores were 94% for first time takers. Checking to see if/how many also took the USMLE and how they did on that

Any helpful advice for interviews? I'm scheduled for next Wednesday. I assume I should brush up on my obamacare information, as well as other relevant medical news?

Any helpful advice for interviews? I'm scheduled for next Wednesday. I assume I should brush up on my obamacare information, as well as other relevant medical news?
The best advice is to be yourself! Make sure you know your applications well! It's more conversational than actually being "interviewed." During my two faculty interviews, I had standard questions only. So it doesn't hurt to have knowledge in those areas as well because my student interview had ethical questions and other random questions. But overall, they were more interested in the things I had on my applications and who I am as an individual. Hope this helps! Good luck to you! VCOM is awesome ^_^

According to someone in the admisisons office the COMLEX step 1 scores were 94% for first time takers. Checking to see if/how many also took the USMLE and how they did on that

Please post when you get info! I would also like to know USMLE scores.

They said 81 students (52%) of the class took the USMLE but the school does not keep up with the score reports because they are only looking at COMLEX scores. So you would have to ask a 3rd year how those that took it did.

They said 81 students (52%) of the class took the USMLE but the school does not keep up with the score reports because they are only looking at COMLEX scores. So you would have to ask a 3rd year how those that took it did.

Any current students know of any nice renovated older homes for rent in the area or surrounding area?

Got the call!! Accepted!! Wah-HOO!! Interviewed 11/06...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted!!! If you don't mind sharing when did you interview?

Just got accepted!!! I interviewed on 11/12 :)

Reactions: 2 users
Was anyone accepted and then told they have to take 2 additional classes? I was wondering which ones people are taking or am I the only one who was told that. I graduated from undergrad in May and am wondering why I still have to take more classes even though I have already been accepted.

Was anyone accepted and then told they have to take 2 additional classes? I was wondering which ones people are taking or am I the only one who was told that. I graduated from undergrad in May and am wondering why I still have to take more classes even though I have already been accepted.

I wasn't told that. Maybe you should call Erica Shanks and see if she can tell you why you would need to take additional classes and which ones they would recommend. She's been extremely helpful with my questions.

I wasn't told that. Maybe you should call Erica Shanks and see if she can tell you why you would need to take additional classes and which ones they would recommend. She's been extremely helpful with my questions.

I have been talking to Ms. Hardaway about it so I don't know how it would look if I talked to Erica. Ive been accepted and taken biochem which was really my upper level bio (i was a psychology major) so I can understand why they would want me to take another. But I really am not seeing the point because we got to take the classes again anyway.

Anyone interviewing the 25th?

Just got an ii on Nov 6th!!! Super pumped! I'm a non-trad from New England so I figured I didn't have much chance! Can't wait!
I'm from New England as well, so I considered not sending the secondary but I did just to see if I would have a shot! Maybe I will get lucky!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted on Tuesday:D Interviewed 11/13 Congrats to everyone accepted as well!!

Reactions: 1 users
Could someone tell me about Spartanburg? Is it a safe and nice town to live in?

Accepted last Tuesday! Does anybody who was also accepted know when the admissions packets are going to be sent out?

I'm flying up today for an interview tomorrow.
Free dinner to any current student who wouldn't mind answering some questions about the school. (PM me!)
Or if anyone else is there for an interview and hates to eat alone, hit me up.

Went to visit the area this weekend. Checked out some neighborhoods in Spartanburg and Greer. Loved Spartanburg didn't really care too much for Greer. Cannot wait for the summer.

Just received an interview here! Does anyone know the acceptance rate if you are given an ii? I am out of state from NJ.

Just received an interview here! Does anyone know the acceptance rate if you are given an ii? I am out of state from NJ.
It's actually pretty good! When I interviewed, they stated they accept ~50% of their interviewees.

Anyone know if letters need to be sent to each campus separately via Interfolio ? Or do they do they go to both campuses? TIA

Do both campuses (VC and CC) have the same secondary questions?

Anyone know if letters need to be sent to each campus separately via Interfolio ? Or do they do they go to both campuses? TIA
Through Interfolio, i believe they only have one account. So if you sent your letters to VCOM via Interfolio, both campuses should be able to access your letters :) Good luck to you!

Do both campuses (VC and CC) have the same secondary questions?
From what I remembered, if you get a secondary application invitation from VCOM, they will allow you to choose your preference for which campus that you'll apply to. And from that, the secondary questions will be the same for both, since you're basically sending in the same application for both campus. Good luck!

From what I remembered, if you get a secondary application invitation from VCOM, they will allow you to choose your preference for which campus that you'll apply to. And from that, the secondary questions will be the same for both, since you're basically sending in the same application for both campus. Good luck!
does that mean I will be able to apply to both campuses, right?

does that mean I will be able to apply to both campuses, right?
Like I've stated, if you do get a secondary application invitation from VCOM, in the application they will indicate you to select your choice of campus, if given an opportunity for an interview invite. They also have a selection if you consider the other campus as well, or only that particular campus you've chosen. But more than likely, if you selected VCOM-CC, they will interview you to that campus only, vice versa. I've selected VCOM-CC, and during my interview at VCOM-CC, I didn't hear any other interviewees getting an interview invitation to VCOM-VC as well. VCOM also stated that after your interview, or offer of admission, students may request a change of campus. However, its not a guarantee that they will change it.

Last edited:
Like I've stated, if you do get a secondary application invitation from VCOM, in the application they will indicate you to select your choice of campus, if given an opportunity for an interview invite. They also have a selection if you consider the other campus as well, or only that particular campus you've chosen. But more than likely, if you selected VCOM-CC, they will interview you to that campus only, vice versa. I've selected VCOM-CC, and during my interview at VCOM-CC, I didn't hear any other interviewees getting an interview invitation to VCOM-VC as well. VCOM also stated that after your interview, or offer of admission, students may request a change of campus. However, its not a guarantee that they will change it.
I didn't see an option to choose a campus. In my application, it says "assigned campus" and there is not option to change or add another campus.

I didn't see an option to choose a campus. In my application, it says "assigned campus" and there is not option to change or add another campus.
Oh really? Thats strange. Unless the secondary application is subject to change as the cycle continues on. I received my secondary application in July, 2013, so in my secondary app they gave me a campus preference. An easy way to get the precise answer to your question would be to call the admissions office for VCOM. If you have a preference, maybe you can talk with them to change it to your desire campus. Hope that helps. Again, good luck!

Is there anyone here who got rejected post secondary (no ii)?

interviewed 11/25, just got the acceptance call!!

interviewed 11/25, just got the acceptance call!!
Can you give a timeline of how long it took them to invite you for an interview after submitting your secondary?

Last edited:
Can you a timeline of how long it took them to invite you for an interview after submitting your secondary?
sure, I submitted Oct. 4, received a complete email on 10/14 and the ii on 10/30.

no problem, and thank you

Interviewed on Nov 25th, got the acceptance call today. Submitted secondary around Nov 1th, II Nov 8th. super ecstatic and really like the school

Does anyone know what the admission cycle looks like here? I just became complete and I'm wondering how late I am in their cycle.

Does anyone know what the admission cycle looks like here? I just became complete and I'm wondering how late I am in their cycle.
How long did it take you to receive a secondary application from after they received your primary app? Mine was released two weeks ago and still nothing from them except an email stating that my primary was received.

How long did it take you to receive a secondary application from after they received your primary app? Mine was released two weeks ago and still nothing from them except an email stating that my primary was received.
This was the last secondary I received, over a month after I was released. Hang in there, I'm sure it is coming! Also, the secondary was in my SPAM folder and I did not see it until a day or two later.. So my advice is check your spam because you do not want that to delay your submission of the secondary!

My secondary came exactly in two weeks from the day I received the confirmation email of primary. Out of all the schools that I applied to, VCOM is #1 in keeping me updated regarding my application. GREAT SCHOOL! Like acali426 said, check your SPAM folder because VCOM emailed me back after I got my secondary to let me know that some applicants got their secondaries in their SPAM folder and to contact the school If I did not get mine.

App was received 10/31, secondary given 11/21 (didn't realize it was in spam folder), submitted 11/26, complete 12/5.

Looks like the wait for a ii or otherwise is ~2 weeks? :scared: Any news of anyone being rejected pre-interview yet?