Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II yesterday after about 2 weeks of being complete. Interview is next Monday!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Sure. 3.94 sgpa, 3.77 cgpa.. 26mcat and 2+ years working in healthcare as a cna, and labor coach along with 3 years shadowing and volunteering with a DO. Also may have helped that I attended undergrad in VA and took part in many missions in rural Appalachia!

Sure. 3.94 sgpa, 3.77 cgpa.. 26mcat and 2+ years working in healthcare as a cna, and labor coach along with 3 years shadowing and volunteering with a DO. Also may have helped that I attended undergrad in VA and took part in many missions in rural Appalachia!
Congrats again! Your stats and ECs are excellent... Best of luck!

Received an II yesterday after about 2 weeks of being complete. Interview is next Monday!

Very happy for you. Called them on Tuesday and have been hearing encouraging things. Hope to hear the same, hopefully by Monday at the most. Good luck.

I interviewed here last week and found out yesterday via email I was put on waiting list because no more seats available. no other info was given and said I would be updated once they sort things out.

I interviewed here last week and found out yesterday via email I was put on waiting list because no more seats available. no other info was given and said I would be updated once they sort things out.
I'm surprised because it didn't sound that way when I called. Not sure if I should bother traveling now!

It sounds like they're interviewing for waitlist positions? I interview on Tuesday so I hope my chances are good.
I'm disappointed :/ I'm not sure about movement on their waitlist, but I was under the impression there were still seats! Good luck at your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm disappointed :/ I'm not sure about movement on their waitlist, but I was under the impression there were still seats! Good luck at your interview!
I was under the same impression

this is exactly what I got in the email

"Thank you for your patience during our application process. Your application has been carefully reviewed and we placed you on our Waiting List for acceptance. Please know we are extremely interested in your application yet do not have any seats available at this time. We will utilize the Waiting List to fill any seats that become available in our Class of 2018, which will matriculate this August."

Does anyone know when the deadline is to accept the offer of admission if you have already paid the deposit? I feel like I read somewhere that it was in April, but now I can not find it.

So quick question, I interviewed here last week and was told that they still had space so we were all getting either rejected or accepted but today I got an email that I was wait listed. Has anyone else been waitlisted?

I was also wait listed. once class is full, you either get wait listed or rejected they told me. did you e-mail them and ask for any updates since you got wait listed?

Also, whoever is going to interview this upcoming week, can you let us know what they say about the wait list and if we should expect massive movements? There was minimal movement for Carolina campus last year and the year before I read it was 20 give or take 3 students out of 70 on the wait list =/

Have faith guys. I was wait listed like a month ago and called earlier this week that I had been accepted. Patience is key.

I was also wait listed. once class is full, you either get wait listed or rejected they told me. did you e-mail them and ask for any updates since you got wait listed?

Also, whoever is going to interview this upcoming week, can you let us know what they say about the wait list and if we should expect massive movements? There was minimal movement for Carolina campus last year and the year before I read it was 20 give or take 3 students out of 70 on the wait list =/
I did email them but since it was over christmas break I got an automatic reply that said that I would be contacted about my email after everyone got back, but that never happened. I ended up just hearing from them after their latest admissions committee meeting that I had been accepted. Btw that was way better than the email I had been waiting for

I did email them but since it was over christmas break I got an automatic reply that said that I would be contacted about my email after everyone got back, but that never happened. I ended up just hearing from them after their latest admissions committee meeting that I had been accepted. Btw that was way better than the email I had been waiting for

1) congrats on your admission!!
2) Thank you for your response. Awesome to hear that. So there is a small chance VCOM might call me for acceptance before May if seats open up. I am so sad I was wait listed because after my interview with the faculty member, she told me she hoped I would get accepted. If only there were open seats... I'm thinking about calling on Tuesday and ask it I can send in a LOI or additional letter of recs. (I'm very very happy I wasn't rejected though)

Do you have any suggestions?

1) congrats on your admission!!
2) Thank you for your response. Awesome to hear that. So there is a small chance VCOM might call me for acceptance before May if seats open up. I am so sad I was wait listed because after my interview with the faculty member, she told me she hoped I would get accepted. If only there were open seats... I'm thinking about calling on Tuesday and ask it I can send in a LOI or additional letter of recs. (I'm very very happy I wasn't rejected though)

Do you have any suggestions?
Yeah VCOM could totally call because not everyone given acceptances are actually accepting them. I don't know if I have any useful suggestions because all I did was wait to hear from them. I figured that they liked me enough to interview me and it was just bad luck that the class had been full so I just hoped that spaces opened in between admissions committe meetings. But you're right it's not a flat out rejection so there is still a chance.

Reactions: 1 user

Very happy for you.

this is exactly what I got in the email

"Thank you for your patience during our application process. Your application has been carefully reviewed and we placed you on our Waiting List for acceptance. Please know we are extremely interested in your application yet do not have any seats available at this time. We will utilize the Waiting List to fill any seats that become available in our Class of 2018, which will matriculate this August."

I really really was hoping the class wouldn't be full because I loved this school and it's mission.

Last edited:
Yeah VCOM could totally call because not everyone given acceptances are actually accepting them. I don't know if I have any useful suggestions because all I did was wait to hear from them. I figured that they liked me enough to interview me and it was just bad luck that the class had been full so I just hoped that spaces opened in between admissions committe meetings. But you're right it's not a flat out rejection so there is still a chance.

congrats on your acceptance!!! but your interview was earlier and I think the game may be different now because now there is a lot more people on the wait list. I just hope it's not like last years wait list. Last year barely anyone gave up their seat. I don't think once students get accepted at VCOM they would withdraw because this school is phenomenal. but I'm just overthinking everything, so I'm hoping for the best!

Last edited:

did you get the same waitlist email?

Just gave up my seat here Friday. It was a very hard decision I loved this school so much. Good luck to all of you.

Got the call today for an interview! very excited,, to bad the class is already full

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!
Thank you!.. they gave me the option of going 01/29 or 02/04,, i chose the one in Feb because I have an interview at another school on 01/27 and I don't want to look tired at my interview at VCOM, plus it was less money that way.

Thank you!.. they gave me the option of going 01/29 or 02/04,, i chose the one in Feb because I have an interview at another school on 01/27 and I don't want to look tired at my interview at VCOM, plus it was less money that way.
Did they tell you that you will be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

congrats!!! did they specify that you were most likely interviewing for a wait list spot?

congrats!!! did they specify that you were most likely interviewing for a wait list spot?

Did they tell you that you will be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

No, they did not specify that to me. I realized I was interviewing for a waitlist spot form recent previous posts in this thread. Should I ask just to be "sure"... or just truly assume its only for waitlist spot?

I interviewed today and we asked if we were interviewing for waitlist spots. We ARE NOT. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact number and stats about the seats available that were told to us though. And for the individuals that mentioned that the waitlist never moved last year, we were also provided stats on that and the current waitlist situation. If we are allowed, I can provide the information that they provided us when we asked.
BTW, after my time at VCOM, it's definitely now my first choice. Guys, it's fricking amazing here. JUST ASTOUNDING.

I wasn't told I was interviewing for a wait list spot. But I got wait listed anyways. The seats available seem to change on a weekly basis as students decide to withdraw/accept. I e-mailed Gail asking how the wait list works. This is a summary of her response:

1) I am currently on wait list for VCOM-Carolina only (not Virginia)
2) Each week, the wait list is re-ranked based on interview evaluations, GPA, MCAT score, LOR etc. --> so if a seat becomes available, it goes to the highest ranked person on the wait list
3) If I am not called before mid-April, VCOM will notify me if I'm in the top 10.

same. wasn't told the class was full until I got wait listed. at this point, it's safe to say that anyone interviewing will be either wait listed or rejected. So the date you choose to interview won't matter much because you will be ranked with people who interviewed earlier anyways.

I interviewed today and we asked if we were interviewing for waitlist spots. We ARE NOT. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact number and stats about the seats available that were told to us though. And for the individuals that mentioned that the waitlist never moved last year, we were also provided stats on that and the current waitlist situation. If we are allowed, I can provide the information that they provided us when we asked.
BTW, after my time at VCOM, it's definitely now my first choice. Guys, it's fricking amazing here. JUST ASTOUNDING.

yes please post the stats and fill us in on any info. especially the current wait list situation.

Did they tell you when the admission's committee meets next? That's when Cvie70 got off the wait list. I know at least one person dropped his/her seat recently based on previous posts, so I am hoping I get a call after the next meeting.

I wasn't told I was interviewing for a wait list spot. But I got wait listed anyways. The seats available seem to change on a weekly basis as students decide to withdraw/accept. I e-mailed Gail asking how the wait list works. This is a summary of her response:

1) I am currently on wait list for VCOM-Carolina only (not Virginia)
2) Each week, the wait list is re-ranked based on interview evaluations, GPA, MCAT score, LOR etc. --> so if a seat becomes available, it goes to the highest ranked person on the wait list
3) If I am not called before mid-April, VCOM will notify me if I'm in the top 10.
Thanks for the information. I won't ask if its just for a waitlist spot.. I will just go to it and do my best ;)

Congrats in the II! When were you complete?

II after about 3 months of being complete. from MI. Am turning it down, headed to MSUCOM. good luck to all, looks like a great place!

Thanks for the information. I won't ask if its just for a waitlist spot.. I will just go to it and do my best ;)

Good luck!! I think this is the best thing to do! Go for it full blast!

So, I spoke with Gail today.. (she did not mention anything about the class being filled even after I express concern about it)... I actually just made travel arrangements to interview on 01/29.

-Is anyone also interviewing on that date?

So, I spoke with Gail today.. (she did not mention anything about the class being filled even after I express concern about it)... I actually just made travel arrangements to interview on 01/29.

-Is anyone also interviewing on that date?

Hope it goes well. Fill us in on what they say.

I suggest staying at Hampton Inn because they pick you up from the airport when you arrive and drop you off at VCOM the next day. They also bring you back to the hotel/airport after your interview. It only costs $116 (including tax) which is the best deal I found.