Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I PMed you my response @Old Doc 2019

Edit: Yes, to anyone else who is wondering. But specifics to my app I'd rather keep private.

Members don't see this ad.

I am about to book a flight+hotel+car deal, will I have enough time after the interview day to make a 6:05 pm departure from Greenville? I haven't received any specifics reg. interview day, guessing the day is over ~3:00pm ??

Any input would be helpful, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
@DrSprinkles You will have PLENTY of time. The day will end at 2-ish (~2:15). My flight left at 4:30. There was another student who left at 3:30 and we both made our flights! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Was this a top choice? :thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks! It was definitely my top 2 along with another school as they both were located around family. However I enjoyed their interview day the most. Staff and campus were both amazing.

Congrats to all you guys accepted!!!! If you are planning on attending go join the Facebook group :D

Members don't see this ad :)
@Clinicall @Harvey Harvardson congrats on the acceptances!!

Did they at all mention how full the class was? I know this is rather dynamic at this stage in the cycle but I'd hate to drop so much money to fly down there and interview for a waitlist spot :smack:

@Clinicall @Harvey Harvardson congrats on the acceptances!!

Did they at all mention how full the class was? I know this is rather dynamic at this stage in the cycle but I'd hate to drop so much money to fly down there and interview for a waitlist spot :smack:
She didn't mention anything about class size over the phone. During our interview day (2/12) she did say "there are a few seats left" and that they are currently in the acceptances/wait list area. I don't know exactly how much "few seats" means but she said the wait list moves almost every week. You could probably call and ask if you would be interviewing for a wait list spot. The staff is really friendly and helpful :).

Congrats guys! Look forward to seeing ya'll in March!! :clap:

Quick question to those that have been accepted or current students:
When is the soonest we can file for and possibly obtain our financial aid? If orientation is at the end of July I would like to be able to move to Spartanburg in June. As the poor college student I am, I don't exactly have the funds to make the transition without financial aid. (Still paying rent in hometown)
Maybe some current students would be able to give us some insight into the realistic timeline?

Does anyone know who we make the deposit check payable to? Do we just write it to "VCOM"? Also where do we mail it to, the office of registrar? I've tried looking on the VCOM 2019 page as well as the student handbook and can't seem to find the answer.

Does anyone know who we make the deposit check payable to? Do we just write it to "VCOM"? Also where do we mail it to, the office of registrar? I've tried looking on the VCOM 2019 page as well as the student handbook and can't seem to find the answer.

The address should be on your acceptance form that you sign and send back. I think it also says to make checks payable to "Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine". I'm pretty sure they get mailed to the office of Admissions

I made mine payable to "Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine"

The address should be on your acceptance form that you sign and send back. I think it also says to make checks payable to "Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine". I'm pretty sure they get mailed to the office of Admissions
Okay thanks! I guess I got too excited in sending my deposit before even receiving the acceptance form! haha

Just curious, but how many days after the acceptance call did it take for all of you to receive the acceptance form?

@Harvey Harvardson Acceptance call came on a Thursday, got my packet two days later on Saturday.
Ok thanks. I think I'll wait a couple more days before emailing. I was accepted on a Thursday as well, but it is Monday now. Were you by chance close to South Carolina? It may be because I'm on the other side of the country.

Was accepted to VCOM CC a few weeks ago.. really excited to be part of class of 2019. Is everyone planning on attending the accepted student day?

Reactions: 1 users
Can't wait to meet everyone at accepted students day! Does anyone know if the dress is formal or semi?

Deposit paid! So excited to be moving to the area!

Deposit on an apartment? Or the class deposit? lol

Excited to meet everyone at Accepted Students' Day! My boyfriend and I will be there and we will be at whatever meet and greet they have Saturday night! Whoo Hoo!

Can any 3rd and 4th year students comment on clinical rotations? How have the sites been from your experience and what you have heard from other students? Has there been a lot of kinks due to being the first couple classes to go through the Carolinas programs?
If any students could comment on the pre-clinical grading system I would appreciate that as well.
Feel free to PM me. I am looking for some honest insight into the program as I am trying to decide between two programs at the moment.

Can any 3rd and 4th year students comment on clinical rotations? How have the sites been from your experience and what you have heard from other students? Has there been a lot of kinks due to being the first couple classes to go through the Carolinas programs?
If any students could comment on the pre-clinical grading system I would appreciate that as well.
Feel free to PM me. I am looking for some honest insight into the program as I am trying to decide between two programs at the moment.

Interested in hearing a response as well. Please include me on any personal message or post publicly.

+1

Interviewing here on April 1st. A little late, but I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here on April 1st. A little late, but I'm looking forward to it!

Hey do you mind sharing when you were complete and when you received the invite? Hoping to sneak in for a late interview myself

Hey do you mind sharing when you were complete and when you received the invite? Hoping to sneak in for a late interview myself

I was complete for my primary in like September and didn't receive the secondary until February. Complete for that about 02/20, ii yesterday.

Accepted here last week! Loved this school but I'm conflicted because I'm not from even close to the area and was also accepted to NYIT which is much closer. The only problem is the tuition difference. VCOM is much more affordable but I'm afraid of the match opportunities I will or won't have if I decide to go here. Just wondering if any current students or anyone who knows about the match for this year could weigh in.

Accepted here last week! Loved this school but I'm conflicted because I'm not from even close to the area and was also accepted to NYIT which is much closer. The only problem is the tuition difference. VCOM is much more affordable but I'm afraid of the match opportunities I will or won't have if I decide to go here. Just wondering if any current students or anyone who knows about the match for this year could weigh in.

Hey Congrats, that's awesome! I can't weigh-in too much but what match opportunities do you fear you will miss out on? Are you looking to match a competitive ACGME? Also, when was your interview?

Thank you! And I have no idea but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any large opportunities I could be getting at another school. I haven't been on here long but I've heard a couple negative things about the rotations offered which worries me. And I interviewed on the 23rd of February.

Hey Congrats, that's awesome! I can't weigh-in too much but what match opportunities do you fear you will miss out on? Are you looking to match a competitive ACGME? Also, when was your interview?
Sorry I meant to reply to your post, still learning how to do this haha

Thank you! And I have no idea but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any large opportunities I could be getting at another school. I haven't been on here long but I've heard a couple negative things about the rotations offered which worries me. And I interviewed on the 23rd of February.

Hah no problem. I'll PM you some advice. (PM=Personal Message, you'll see a notification) I just want to keep my identity anonymous.

Hah no problem. I'll PM you some advice. (PM=Personal Message, you'll see a notification) I just want to keep my identity anonymous.

Can you PM me too? I would like to know more about the residency opportunities. I was looking at an ACGME match hopefully in maybe EM or Gen Surg (obviously may change). But I'd like to know more! Right now I've been researching the EM residencies at Wake Forest and CMC

Can you PM me too? I would like to know more about the residency opportunities. I was looking at an ACGME match hopefully in maybe EM or Gen Surg (obviously may change). But I'd like to know more! Right now I've been researching the EM residencies at Wake Forest and CMC

+1 please