Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the quick response! Just like everyone else, I'm trying to keep the anxiety at bay lol.

I actually called them about a question I had a few weeks before I got the complete email, and the women checked the computer and told me they had all my information. You may try calling to make sure you're complete!

I agree. The wait is killing me too lol

And I actually did call. The lady said that I m in the last stage of complete process. No idea what that means tho lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Complete email today. Submitted secondary 8/28 :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call this morning saying I have been accepted to VCOM in Auburn!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewing here tomorrow, any tips yall? :) Did yall have any off the wall questions? Feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 1 user
Matriculating next fall...any news on the horizon regarding the expansion of hospitals for clinical rotations? I see the 5 on the website.
More have been unofficially added, there will not be any worries about getting a quality clerkship site.

Anybody who interviewed on 10/25 hear anything yet?

Anybody who interviewed on 10/25 hear anything yet?
Nope! I'm anxious to here back as well.. but tomorrow will only be a week from the interview haha. I imagine we will have to wait another 2-3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I am hopeful they call me for an acceptance! I loved the school and the area so much.

Last edited:
ACCEPTED! I'M GOING TO BE A PHYSICIAN!

Getting that call made it one of the the best days of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I got the call! Accepted 11/4 :highfive:

I got an interview at the Auburn campus :soexcited:
Can anyone give some advice on what to expect on interview day? Did they ask you any off the wall questions? Do you meet with 3 separate interviewers or multiple people at once? ANYTHING will help! I am a little nervous since this is my first DO interview. TIA!

Can anyone give some advice on what to expect on interview day? Did they ask you any off the wall questions? Do you meet with 3 separate interviewers or multiple people at once? ANYTHING will help! I am a little nervous since this is my first DO interview. TIA!
3 separate interviewers!! I got some pretty off the wall questions from one interviewer! He even asked me a question like "What do you think we should do about ISIS?" And "what was the last book you read" and stuff like that haha. I think I just got bad luck though! Everyone is so nice and welcoming you will like it! Congrats!!

You meet with 3 separate interviewers for 30 minutes. Everyone gets a different combination of interviewers. I didn't think any of my questions were off the wall. They all try to make you feel comfortable which makes the 30 minutes fly by. Congrats and good luck!

Did anyone apply as an "Early Decision Track" applicant? I was hoping to learn a little more info about the whole process.

Has anyone got an acceptance call or rejection/waitlist email?

I submitted a completed secondary application in late September to VCOM. I have not been invited for an interview yet and starting to feel anxious. Is it normal to take this long for processing or should I be concerned that I was passed over?

I submitted a completed secondary application in late September to VCOM. I have not been invited for an interview yet and starting to feel anxious. Is it normal to take this long for processing or should I be concerned that I was passed over?
To be honest. I submitted my secondary and was invited for an interview one week later. I am accepted and committed to this school. But don't lose hope. They haven't interviewed many students. They pick their students wisely.

To be honest. I submitted my secondary and was invited for an interview one week later. I am accepted and committed to this school. But don't lose hope. They haven't interviewed many students. They pick their students wisely.
Congratulations to you!! And thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm a practicing nurse practitioner in critical care already, I was hoping this would make me competitive, but I guess we will see. It definitely helps to have an idea about where I stand.

So if someone got accepted who interviewed after me does that basically mean I probably won't be accepted? I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks

Congratulations to you!! And thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm a practicing nurse practitioner in critical care already, I was hoping this would make me competitive, but I guess we will see. It definitely helps to have an idea about where I stand.
Being a NP should definitely increase your chances. Maybe you should try giving them a call. Are you from the same region as the school? They seem to like students from the state or bordering states( Appalachian regions)?

just curious.... are there rules about your grades after acceptance? Like, say if I got a couple C's, would they retract my acceptance? Asking for one of my friends

just curious.... are there rules about your grades after acceptance? Like, say if I got a couple C's, would they retract my acceptance? Asking for one of my friends

I was told that any grade lower than a B would need to be reported and it would be reviewed by a committee. I think you have the opportunity to explain the grade and the committee would make a decision at that point. This is for the Carolinas campus by the way...I assume Auburn would be the same.

You have to make at least a B. This is according to my acceptance information

Has anyone received a complete email recently? How long was the typical wait to receive one?

Has anyone received a complete email recently? How long was the typical wait to receive one?

I received mine a couple of weeks ago after a 4 month wait. They say it can take up t0 3 months to get one

It's been over 3 months and they still haven't sent any secondaries. Is it safe to assume I'm just not going to get any?
I thought I'd at least get secondaries with my stats :(
cGPA 3.45, sGPA 3.45, 512 MCAT, OOS

It's been over 3 months and they still haven't sent any secondaries. Is it safe to assume I'm just not going to get any?
I thought I'd at least get secondaries with my stats :(
cGPA 3.45, sGPA 3.45, 512 MCAT, OOS

I would call them and ask. They are very nice and willing to help. Also check your spam emails as sometimes they send the secondaries there.

Anyone know if you can use headphones during lecture?

Our student tour guide from interview day said that he used ear buds during lecture. He just advised us to side towards the back of the lecture hall.

Our student tour guide from interview day said that he used ear buds during lecture. He just advised us to side towards the back of the lecture hall.

Oh sweet. Okay I didn't hear that on my interview. Thanks.

My buddy who goes to VCOM Carolinas used headphones through first and second years. Like big over the ear headphones haha.

Submitted an app today and am hoping for some love from here and/or the SC campus! What's the wait been like for secondaries?

~3.5 GPAs, ~70th percentile MCAT, D1 athlete with good research/ECs. ~2000 hours as an ER tech too.

Matriculating at VCOM-Auburn next fall....any current students whom are married? Would like to know your thoughts about the school insurance.

okay soooo i interviewed on October 25th and still havent heard a thing.....so...... is it taking this long for most people?

Rejected. Best of luck to all those applying here!

Matriculating at VCOM-Auburn next fall....any current students whom are married? Would like to know your thoughts about the school insurance.
the insurance sucks,
its basically a catastrophic plan.

Oh sweet. Okay I didn't hear that on my interview. Thanks.

My buddy who goes to VCOM Carolinas used headphones through first and second years. Like big over the ear headphones haha.

Be prepared to get called out if you wear over-ear headphones here. There are a few professors who will take exception to it, even if you are wearing ear buds.

ACCEPTED!! Interviewed Nov. 30th and got the call Dec. 5th :D Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users