Edward Via COM - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the call for an II and first available date was november 1st which I gladly took :) (OOS/FL resident)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II for September 26th at the end of August. Completed secondary early July. Not ED.

Reactions: 1 users
A little late to this as I just created my account today. I am set to interview on the 27th. I received the call on the 24th of August and was complete on the 9th of August. cGPA 3.92, sGPA 4.0. MCAT was poor. I'm OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A little late to this as I just created my account today. I am set to interview on the 27th. I received the call on the 24th of August and was complete on the 9th of August. cGPA 3.92, sGPA 4.0. MCAT was poor. I'm OOS.

I'm interviewing on the 27th as well. Good luck!

3.77 cGPA, 3.75 sGPA, 505 MCAT.
Primary 17 Aug, Secondary 25 Aug, Complete 27 Sept.
Crossing my fingers for an interview. VCOM Carolinas is my first choice.

Submitted my application last night and woke up to to a secondary invite this morning!!! Very excited.

Still haven't heard anything and submitted back in late July.....not to mention they don't respond to emails which is really off putting, but whatever. Likely lots of apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary. Has anyone had any luck emailing admissions and getting a response? I'm not sure if that's something I should try.

Accepted! So happy right now. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Interview day was great. Beautiful campus, Happy students, Supportive faculty. What more could I ask for?

Last edited:
Congrats on the acceptance. I probably saw some of you in the OMM room. Excited for you to be here next year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
II just now!! First one ever so pretty excited and this is one of my top choices! Love the mission and I grew up in NC.

Submitted secondary 8/16, complete email 9/12, II today 9/30
Lizzy M ~71 and background fits school mission well

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone who has already interviewed here want to share how the interview day was? I'm interviewing later this month. :)

hi everyone- new to sdn but had a question for you all! received a voicemail on my home phone today after traveling to give the admissions director a call. interviewed 10/3. however its now saturday so i'll have to wait until monday correct? i'm hoping they don't give out rejections over phone....any insight?

hi everyone- new to sdn but had a question for you all! received a voicemail on my home phone today after traveling to give the admissions director a call. interviewed 10/3. however its now saturday so i'll have to wait until monday correct? i'm hoping they don't give out rejections over phone....any insight?

Most likely an acceptance call. The admissions director told me on my interview day that it is very unlikely they reject anyone interviewing this early in the cycle unless the interview went catastrophically bad. Make sure to call first thing on Monday but I'm willing to bet she was calling to let you know you are accepted.

Yes, I believe the only reason they would call is for an acceptance. Kind of scary to not be around the phone that you have listed around this timeframe don't you think? :)

Yes, I believe the only reason they would call is for an acceptance. Kind of scary to not be around the phone that you have listed around this timeframe don't you think? :)

haha yeah for some reason the listed number was my parent's home phone number??? i changed it now but i guess i was just meant to wait in stress for the next couple days

Congrats to all accepted!! I interview 10/13 and hope to be joining you in excitement!!

Just received an email that my application is complete. Does anyone have an approximate timeline to when they received an interview after getting this email?

Just received an email that my application is complete. Does anyone have an approximate timeline to when they received an interview after getting this email?

When did you submit your secondary? I submitted mine mid-August, but haven't received a complete email.

When did you submit your secondary? I submitted mine mid-August, but haven't received a complete email.
I think I submitted all of my secondaries in the last week of August. It's hard to say when we don't receive much communication from the school.

I think I submitted all of my secondaries in the last week of August. It's hard to say when we don't receive much communication from the school.

It's definitely frustrating, but hopefully they get the ball rolling now.

Can anyone tell me what interview day is like? Are there any questions the interviewers are prone to asking?

Can anyone tell me what interview day is like? Are there any questions the interviewers are prone to asking?
You can PM me if you want more specific information, but the interviews were great and very conversational. They just wanted to get to know who I was and if I truly wanted to go to VCOM for my medical education.

Did y'all send thank you letters here? I interviewed today and she said the committee was meeting tomorrow, so it's not like they will have my thank you letters by then. But then again I guess that's good interview etiquette since they gave us business cards? Lol

Did y'all send thank you letters here? I interviewed today and she said the committee was meeting tomorrow, so it's not like they will have my thank you letters by then. But then again I guess that's good interview etiquette since they gave us business cards? Lol
Email it! I just sent a few out.

Anyone know when the committee will be making decisions for people who interviewed on 10/13? I'm so nervous!!

Anyone know when the committee will be making decisions for people who interviewed on 10/13? I'm so nervous!!
I interviewed Monday and was told the committee was meeting yesterday, and we would hear back between today and Friday.

I interviewed Monday and was told the committee was meeting yesterday, and we would hear back between today and Friday.
Thank you, I hope that doesn't mean bad news for me since I haven't heard yet:/ anyone else on here interview 10-13 hear anything yet?

Just interviewed here earlier this week. This is a beautiful school. Very professional, welcoming staff and faculty. Students are enthusiastic and friendly. The town of Spartanburg is small, but the school itself seems fantastic! Very impressed

Just interviewed here earlier this week. This is a beautiful school. Very professional, welcoming staff and faculty. Students are enthusiastic and friendly. The town of Spartanburg is small, but the school itself seems fantastic! Very impressed
Did they mention when you would hear back? Still anxiously waiting :whistle:

Still nothing here:/ I was told the same, about a week which means I should have heard today. I'm a ball of anxiety as well...it's my number one choice!!

I am applying to all three campuses. I do not have a DO LOR and from what it seems on the website, I can go through the entire process and then be conditionally accepted but then have to spend some time with a DO before it being a full acceptance. Am I reading this right? Or will they not give me a decision until I have spent that time with a DO physician? Anyone have any insight on this?

I believe all the campuses have professors who will take prospective students on "day in the life of a VCOM student" shadow tours and you can obtain a letter that way. Especially Carolina campus. PM me if you want more info!

Still nothing here:/ I was told the same, about a week which means I should have heard today. I'm a ball of anxiety as well...it's my number one choice!!
She told us between Wednesday and Friday (I know it's not even Friday yet, but I've been checking my phone nonstop since Wednesday at 8am lol). I think the ad com only meets once every 2-3 weeks and it happened to be this week so you will probably hear back tomorrow! Let me know when you hear! I'll be at work all day and my phone gets zero service so tomorrow is going to be a longggg day until I get off at 4! Haha

She told us between Wednesday and Friday (I know it's not even Friday yet, but I've been checking my phone nonstop since Wednesday at 8am lol). I think the ad com only meets once every 2-3 weeks and it happened to be this week so you will probably hear back tomorrow! Let me know when you hear! I'll be at work all day and my phone gets zero service so tomorrow is going to be a longggg day until I get off at 4! Haha
I'll definitely post when I hear something. I'll be at work too but thankfully my reception isn't too bad :) good luck!!

Just got me rejection email:/

Thanks everyone and good luck to all who got accepted. I still think this is an amazing school:) I'll have to find out why I didn't measur up. But I have been accepted elsewhere so at least the dream will still come true. Just really saw myself at VCOM