Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My secondary was received by VCOM on 7/15 but I haven't received a confirmation that I'm complete yet. Everything else like LORs have been in since June. Do they usually take this long or should I contact them?

Members don't see this ad.

My secondary was received by VCOM on 7/15 but I haven't received a confirmation that I'm complete yet. Everything else like LORs have been in since June. Do they usually take this long or should I contact them?
Speaking for myself, I submitted 2 days ago and got a complete email today. I would contact them on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user

I m in the exact same situation. I emailed them and they said I m in review for completeness. I would contact them and see what they say, but from what I have seen in the past threads, it can take awhile to receive the complete email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I m in the exact same situation. I emailed them and they said I m in review for completeness. I would contact them and see what they say, but from what I have seen in the past threads, it can take awhile to receive the complete email.

It took them almost two months for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At least you've gotten a secondary. I submitted my primary on July 12th and still haven't received a secondary.
I would definitely call. I submitted my primary last week and got the secondary the next day. Maybe your app was accidentally overlooked? Couldn't hurt to give them a call!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I would definitely call. I submitted my primary last week and got the secondary the next day. Maybe your app was accidentally overlooked? Couldn't hurt to give them a call!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I did and they said that its still under review which is weird because I received a secondary last cycle. Apparently other people have been having this problem too or its just a silent rejection

Hmmmm...anyone with a II yet? Except early decision apps. It's September :bored:

Hmmmm...anyone with a II yet? Except early decision apps. It's September :bored:

There's quite a few people who got IIs for the Carolinas Campus. A couple for Virginia campus as well.

There's quite a few people who got IIs for the Carolinas Campus. A couple for Virginia campus as well.
Awww man :( bummer....well, it's still early. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Awww man :( bummer....well, it's still early. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Yeah it's definitely early in the cycle. I m still waiting on the complete email lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it's definitely early in the cycle. I m still waiting on the complete email lol.

I got the complete email a while back but radio silence ever since..it's cool though. Trying not to stress and just going about life as usual..........(meanwhile: opening new tab every hour to check application status :rolleyes:)

Reactions: 2 users
FYI for those that are still waiting for completeness. Since I submitted the secondary in mid July and haven't received any confirmation that my app is complete I emailed today to ask if my app is missing anything. They sent back a generic reply saying that my app is under review for completeness, it takes a long time due to hella apps, and they will send an email correspondence when my app has in fact been found to be complete.

Complete email says they begin reviewing apps for non-EDP people beginning in October so it should be a while before anyone receives interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting. I have an Interview at the Virginia campus on September 13th and I am not early decision.

Interesting. I have an Interview at the Virginia campus on September 13th and I am not early decision.
jealous! I wish you good luck! From what I've heard, this is an awesome school :)

+1, except mine if for the 14th!
Congrats you two! For those who have II's, are you OOS or in-state? I'm from Florida, so I'm not sure if they're putting focus on applicants from the Appalachian area right now and holding off on applicants from outside the area until later.

I just noticed on my document status that my aacomas LOR's were downloaded. They weren't there as of Friday last week. Is this a precursor for anything or is it just standard?

Congrats you two! For those who have II's, are you OOS or in-state? I'm from Florida, so I'm not sure if they're putting focus on applicants from the Appalachian area right now and holding off on applicants from outside the area until later.
I'm IS, but from the DC area - not Appalachian!

I just noticed on my document status that my aacomas LOR's were downloaded. They weren't there as of Friday last week. Is this a precursor for anything or is it just standard?

Same here, I didn't have it last week either. I hope it means some progress.

Interviews start in early October unless you applied early decision. So I would assume they will start to call us in September for IIs.

Apparently not true...my classmates have friends who just interviewed and they did not apply ED

Do you mind elaborating? I'd love to know more :) I have kids who unfortunately get sick sometimes, so a strict attendance policy could become a problem for me.. Thanks!
The attendance policy for VCOM -VC has been reverted back..except now you have to attend 80% of full days rather than 85%...so its a lot better now!

IS. Interview went very well btw! Hopefully will hear good news soon!

Complete email today. I submitted everything in early August.

+1 Hope it means something!

Interviews went well! Very conversational and low stress - I really enjoyed interview day :D
Good luck to everyone still waiting! :luck:

Scheduled/attended interviews as every DO school except for VCOM. Only one MD rejection. VCOM pls.

First

Hey guys,

I am also from Florida and I did not apply for early decision, and I received an interview for September 21 (extremely nervous lol). I don't want anyone to feel discouraged about not having that 500 MCAT score, because I have an MCAT score of 496. My oGPA is 3.68 and sGPA is 3.58. I also reattempted my MCAT so I should have my new score within two days (hopefully it went well).

Have had two interviews and an acceptance already, but haven't received an II from VCOM yet. :\ Strange considering I'm very guided towards rural med.

I have an interview October 6th :)
Anyone know what kinda questions they ask?

Have had two interviews and an acceptance already, but haven't received an II from VCOM yet. :\ Strange considering I'm very guided towards rural med.

Same. And they were the first school I submitted my secondaries to.

Im still not even complete yet.

does anyone know how long after your interview you are told a decision? and if accepted, how long you have to accept or decline your seat?