Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The movement happens as other applicants get accepted at other schools. Most of the movement take place by April I think, and I did send LOI and updates to my application. It is still early for the wait list so you should be fine, when you get to be in the first 10 of the wait list they would send you an email letting you know to be ready.
That really helps. Thanks, bud!

Members don't see this ad.

Finally received a complete email....Submitted secondary 9/27 lol. Now to wait some more and hope for progress!

Reactions: 1 users
People who submitted a tuition deposit already; how long did it take them to confirm receipt of the check?

Members don't see this ad :)
People who submitted a tuition deposit already; how long did it take them to confirm receipt of the check?
It took a month! I sent the check late Nov and got a confirmation on Dec 22.

Are February interviews considered late?are we interviewing for waitlist spots? :/

Are February interviews considered late?are we interviewing for waitlist spots? :/

It's more difficult to gain acceptance as the class fills up, but plenty of people still get accepted from spring interviews. Several DO schools I have talked to lately have told me that they've received deposits for roughly half of their 2016 class thus far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance results come Friday. Hope we all get in :D

Reactions: 4 users
Got the WL email. Any clue on how much movement they get?

Good for you man! i feel like do schools have more traffic than MD, so you may be okay, worse case you'll be inducted into the 2021 class.

I haven't heard squat yet from them on my end.. So VCOM may not be in my future.
Good luck to you though :)

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back today! Anyone else been waiting beside their phones/computers for a call or email? I know I have...

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back today! Anyone else been waiting beside their phones/computers for a call or email? I know I have...
have you gotten a response yet?? I heard no response usually = rejection so I'm not optimistic :/

have you gotten a response yet?? I heard no response usually = rejection so I'm not optimistic :/
Havent heard anything yet but still hoping for the best. They said that if it's a rejection, it'll be email as well...

Accepted today!! I'm so excited!

Accepted yesterday! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist this cycle yet?

just got offered an interview. 2/16 is the date. anyone have advice or more so what to expect?

II (VA campus) via phone! Submitted in November, never got a complete email. Though they're requesting an update via the secondary portal. So excited! :D

Last edited:
just got offered an interview. 2/16 is the date. anyone have advice or more so what to expect?
It's a pretty laid back day. You'll have 3 interviews (30 minutes each) - mine was with 3 of the professors there but it could also be with some of the administration members. They ask typical interview questions "why DO" "why VCOM" along with hobbies or anything else on your application they found interesting.

I recommend getting there a little early and seeing who your interviewers are - they give you a schedule with all the applicants and who you will be interviewing with. Google them to see what contribution they make so that you can ask them questions about their research, field of study, etc.

The day starts off with a presentation about the school, then your interviews, then the tour of the building followed by lunch. After lunch, they do a tour of the facilities not located in the building and then a driving tour of blackburg/VT. After you get back, you'll get a short presentation on financial aid an a conclusion where they'll tell you when to expect to hear back by.

Everyone is super nice and welcoming but my experience was that after the 3 (sometimes back to back interviews), you're very drained. Just make sure you are good for that 1.5 hour period where you are interviewing!

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Received an II as well...I was wondering if there's host program here? Thanks!

It's a pretty laid back day. You'll have 3 interviews (30 minutes each) - mine was with 3 of the professors there but it could also be with some of the administration members. They ask typical interview questions "why DO" "why VCOM" along with hobbies or anything else on your application they found interesting.

I recommend getting there a little early and seeing who your interviewers are - they give you a schedule with all the applicants and who you will be interviewing with. Google them to see what contribution they make so that you can ask them questions about their research, field of study, etc.

The day starts off with a presentation about the school, then your interviews, then the tour of the building followed by lunch. After lunch, they do a tour of the facilities not located in the building and then a driving tour of blackburg/VT. After you get back, you'll get a short presentation on financial aid an a conclusion where they'll tell you when to expect to hear back by.

Everyone is super nice and welcoming but my experience was that after the 3 (sometimes back to back interviews), you're very drained. Just make sure you are good for that 1.5 hour period where you are interviewing!

Best of luck!

Thanks for the insight! Hopefully it all goes well this Tuesday.

To those who got accepted, (good luck to those interviewing!) have you received the acceptance packet via snail mail yet? I'm still waiting on mine

To those who got accepted, (good luck to those interviewing!) have you received the acceptance packet via snail mail yet? I'm still waiting on mine
Glad to hear you were accepted! I received mine yesterday in the mail but I live one state over so it got there pretty quickly. I would give it a few more days before worrying!

...is anyone rescheduling their Feb. 16th interview due to possible weather issues?

Glad to hear you were accepted! I received mine yesterday in the mail but I live one state over so it got there pretty quickly. I would give it a few more days before worrying!
Thanks for giving me some optimism last Friday, you where totally right :)

But yeah still haven't gotten it yet. I've emailed VCOM and they say they've already sent it. So it's probably the post office in my town that's delaying the process. I'm sure VCOM will be lenient on the Feb.19th deadline considering I can't do much without the packet, but it still worries me. I have everything submitted except for the deposit and acceptance form.

For interviews, are they big on asking about healthcare reform or ethical issues?

Hoping to really do well on this one, ended up on WLs everywhere else :(

For interviews, are they big on asking about healthcare reform or ethical issues?

They asked me broad questions about ethical issues! Nothing about healthcare reforms but you can definitely talk about it in response to some of their questions.

I didn't get asked any ethical or healthcare questions. It was purely "let's just have a conversation and talk a little about your app."

I didn't get asked any ethical or healthcare questions. It was purely "let's just have a conversation and talk a little about your app."
That's comforting to know. Argh, getting the butterflies!

Withdrawing my II. Hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!

Withdrawing my II. Hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!
has anyone not heard from them what so ever? I submitted in October, never heard from them besides an application is complete email.

I called them in January and they just said your application is still under review.

I thought I would at least have a rejection letter/secondary by now

has anyone not heard from them what so ever? I submitted in October, never heard from them besides an application is complete email.

I called them in January and they just said your application is still under review.

I thought I would at least have a rejection letter/secondary by now

They are very lengthy with their process. Unfortunately the only advice I can give is be patient. I was an early beginning of July applicant hoping to hear back quick and didn't until end of October.

Check your spam. My secondary was found there

Anyone who interviewed in early Feb get a decision notice today? Wondering if people get rejected post interview for VCOM-VC?

Last edited:
I just received an interview invite from them via phone call.

This was asked a while ago on this thread, but I didn't see an answer. Could anyone post VCOM's match list for 2015? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Is VCOM-VA = VTECH? Someone told me that they got accepted to VTECH but later found out that it was VCOM. I know that VCOM is affiliated with VTECH, but is it correct to represent VCOM as VTECH?

Is VCOM-VA = VTECH? Someone told me that they got accepted to VTECH but later found out that it was VCOM. I know that VCOM is affiliated with VTECH, but is it correct to represent VCOM as VTECH?
VCOM is a separate school with a partnership w/ Tech (as in the students get access to a lot of VT amenities and such). Similarly, the other campuses have affiliations with other schools (I think they're Wofford and Auburn U?)

ETA: Virginia Tech has an MD school, in partnership w/ Carilion clinic in Roanoke. I kind of think VTC is more VT's med school than VCOM is but idk.