Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, has anyone heard anything from this school after submitting the secondary? I submitted 07/08 and haven't heard a peep from them, and it makes me really worried since the only change in my secondary app is the fact that it that "validation passed: yes" and the submission date in the upper right hand corner.
I haven't heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just gave em a call, they're pretty stacked up currently for their incoming orientation. I asked them about my LOR's and it seems that they have all of my stuff so I'm sure they got everything if it was submitted!

An admissions representative emailed me today to let me know that they haven't received my letters yet. I'm sending out the letters through AACOMAS later today.

Did anyone else get this email?

Members don't see this ad :)
An admissions representative emailed me today to let me know that they haven't received my letters yet. I'm sending out the letters through AACOMAS later today.

I haven't gotten this e-mail.

what do you mean by this? Do they not do it automatically? I dont see any option for them to send the letters...

what do you mean by this? Do they not do it automatically? I dont see any option for them to send the letters...

No, sorry for the confusion. I haven't added any letters to Aacomas yet but I submitted my primary without then. Now I'm going to go back into aacomas and have those letters uploaded. Once they are sent electronically to aacomas, vcom should be able to access them.

Did you submit letters of rec to vcom yet? What service did you use to do so?

i used AACOMAS so I didn't "submit" to VCOM. Im hoping AACOMAS does that for me.
No, sorry for the confusion. I haven't added any letters to Aacomas yet but I submitted my primary without then. Now I'm going to go back into aacomas and have those letters uploaded. Once they are sent electronically to aacomas, vcom should be able to access them.

Did you submit letters of rec to vcom yet? What service did you use to do so?

Well, members of the VCOM Admissions Staff will be out of the office from July 20-31. Wonder if that delays hearing from them. I'm anxious!

Well, members of the VCOM Admissions Staff will be out of the office from July 20-31. Wonder if that delays hearing from them. I'm anxious!

They told you this? Is the entire department on vacation or just a few people will be out of the office for two weeks? I think it's the latter because I got an email from someone at the Virgina campus today.

They told you this? Is the entire department on vacation or just a few people will be out of the office for two weeks? I think it's the latter because I got an email from someone at the Virgina campus today.
Yea likely the latter because the email says that a response may take a few days due to this.

Does every VCOM screen the same way? I either have a 3.18 or a 3.22 science, I forget which. Should I hold off on submitting this app until AACOMAS verifies me? I heard VCOM screens a 3.2 science GPA

Does every VCOM screen the same way? I either have a 3.18 or a 3.22 science, I forget which. Should I hold off on submitting this app until AACOMAS verifies me? I heard VCOM screens a 3.2 science GPA
i wanna say they have a strict cut off. I could be wrong though. They DO screen on who they send secondaries though.

Members don't see this ad :)
if so that stinks, there goes 3 schools I was hoping to apply to. Is my recollection of the 3.2 science cutoff correct?

Anyone else having trouble logging on to their account to fill out the secondary?

i wanna say they have a strict cut off. I could be wrong though. They DO screen on who they send secondaries though.

if so that stinks, there goes 3 schools I was hoping to apply to. Is my recollection of the 3.2 science cutoff correct?

They do not seem to be screening at 3.2 for sGPA for secondaries--I have below that and received and submitted a secondary already.

I never got a complete email.. I email them however and was told that I was in fact complete.

Those of you who received secondaries, would you mind sharing when you submitted your AACOMAS and what your stats are?

so the secondary doesn't ask anything specific to the Virginia campus?

Does everybody get a secondary? I've yet to hear anything from either of the 3 campuses....

Does shadowing count as a "volunteer or service activity?"

I sent my AACOMAS back in June but my letters weren't in until July 22nd. Is it normal that I haven't received a secondary or do they send them before they get the letters)

I sent my AACOMAS back in June but my letters weren't in until July 22nd. Is it normal that I haven't received a secondary or do they send them before they get the letters)
I haven't gotten the secondary either! And I sent my AACOMAS and letters the same time as you

Just received Invite for secondary! So exciting =)

Applying early decision!

Primary submitted: June 26th
Primary verified and released: July 21st
Secondary Recieved: July 22nd
Submitted Secondary: July 28th
Checking using online application status page: all LORS and secondary have green checks beside them as received as of July 31st BUT I have NOT recieved the email from them directly saying it is complete.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me on this forum!

Applying early decision!

Primary submitted: June 26th
Primary verified and released: July 21st
Secondary Recieved: July 22nd
Submitted Secondary: July 28th
Checking using online application status page: all LORS and secondary have green checks beside them as received as of July 31st BUT I have NOT recieved the email from them directly saying it is complete.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me on this forum!
I am also applying as an early decision applicant. Where did you see the online application status page? I know I am complete because I have been speaking with the director of admissions, but I never seen the status page.

I am also applying as an early decision applicant. Where did you see the online application status page? I know I am complete because I have been speaking with the director of admissions, but I never seen the status page.

The status page was at the bottom of my secondary application invitation email. It is vcomvcamp.vcom.edu

My "file complete" email was in my spam folder. Sent on 8/6

I still have not recieved any email about complete status sadly. When did you submit your secondary/LORs?
I submitted my secondary on 7/19. I submitted an updated secondary (added volunteer experience) on 8/1. I emailed director of admissions on 8/3. She told me I would get email in a couple of days. I got email on 8/6. As for my LORs, I submitted a primary last year, but did not complete my secondary. So I asked if they could transfer the LORs from last year to this year. They said sure.

Do they read LORs before sending the secondary? My AACOMAS was reviewed in early June but my last LOR wasn't in until July 22nd and I'm hoping that's the reason I haven't gotten a secondary yet. Anyone know anything about their review process? It's the only secondary I haven't received (except schools who aren't sending them out until September) and it's freaking me out.

Do they read LORs before sending the secondary? My AACOMAS was reviewed in early June but my last LOR wasn't in until July 22nd and I'm hoping that's the reason I haven't gotten a secondary yet. Anyone know anything about their review process? It's the only secondary I haven't received (except schools who aren't sending them out until September) and it's freaking me out.

The LORS are part of the secondary app techinically, so I doubt that is holding you back. Recieveing their secondary is based on meeting the minimum requirements from what I understand. I'd give it a month from the time your primary was verified and released to VCOM for them to send you the secondary.

Anyone know how this schools board scores are + how they rank up with other schools in terms of scores?

Has anyone heard anything regarding status completion following secondary submission in a while? I'm nervous to email them seeing as it's still pretty early.

Has anyone heard anything regarding status completion following secondary submission in a while? I'm nervous to email them seeing as it's still pretty early.
I haven't heard anything and I submitted my secondary on 7/14.

When did you submit your secondary?
I got an "almost complete" email on Aug 10th from VCOM 4 days after I submitted my secondary. I was missing LORs when I submitted it but they have been uploaded on AACOMAS last Friday.. I'm expecting a complete email shortly.

I never got a complete email and I submitted my secondary back in mid July.

When did you submit your secondary?
I got an "almost complete" email on Aug 10th from VCOM 4 days after I submitted my secondary. I was missing LORs when I submitted it but they have been uploaded on AACOMAS last Friday.. I'm expecting a complete email shortly.

I submitted on the 7/30 and my LORs were already there so I'm assuming I'm complete? They've been pretty quiet

Did you guys already have all the LORs when submitting secondary?
I had submitted my LOR 7-13 via Interfolio, but I never received an "almost complete" email at any time. I haven't heard anything since I submitted my LOR and secondary. I don't want to email them and seem impatient lol

I got an "under review" email a month ago. Still no secondary. Should I assume they don't like me?