Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Verified end of July and still haven't received a secondary yet. Is there an approximate length of time they take to screen applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Verified end of July and still haven't received a secondary yet. Is there an approximate length of time they take to screen applicants?

They use a priority system based on certain criteria (mostly stats). For some people that means a couple days, for others it means a couple months.

Reactions: 1 user
They use a priority system based on certain criteria (mostly stats). For some people that means a couple days, for others it means a couple months.

I can't imagine that being entirely accurate. My stats are far from incredible and I recieved a secondary without an mcat on file..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they started sending out interviews yet? If not, when do they start? Thank you.

Congrats guys! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Guess I should get to getting on that secondary :nailbiting:

I haven't even gotten a secondary from any of the Edwards :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't even gotten a secondary from any of the Edwards :(

One of my close friends attends here -- he applied in July and didn't receive a secondary until November. By December he was accepted.

Have faith!

Not super under served.... I live in an area close to the VCOM Virginias Campus.
i guess that'll do it! Im hoping to hear back from them soon, this schools one of my top choices.

Congrats!! When were your files complete?

Complete on 8/31. Phone call this morning and I'm non-trad with masters gpa 4.0 ugrad 3.7 and mcat 27 8/9/10

Just declined my interview invite. Hope one of you gets it!

I have submitted a secondary a month ago to all three campuses, and have decent stats, 26 MCAT (8BS, 8V, 10PS), 3.72sgpa, and 3.82cgpa, but have heard nothing at all. I did not even get a complete email, but on the portal it shows everything being received! Is this a silent rejection??

Just a heads up, their Director of Admissions is out of the office until Tuesday. I wouldn't expect much from here over the next few days.

Did everyone who got a II get an email letting them know their file was complete after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine about a month ago and no email saying it's complete or missing something at all

Did everyone who got a II get an email letting them know their file was complete after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine about a month ago and no email saying it's complete or missing something at all
Yes I got a complete email.

I got a complete email and entire 2.5 months after sending my application and all documents were sent on time etc. It takes time but you will get one.

Last edited:
Is there any way to check your application status online after submission of secondary? Any portal?

Just a heads up for everyone, I checked the portal this morning to see what the status of my application was, and found out I have been invited for an interview! Have not received a call yet, but I could go ahead and schedule it on the portal! I'm so excited!!!
(jennifer1585 - the portal is linked at the bottom of the email they sent when you were invited to complete the secondary app)

Just a heads up for everyone, I checked the portal this morning to see what the status of my application was, and found out I have been invited for an interview! Have not received a call yet, but I could go ahead and schedule it on the portal! I'm so excited!!!
(jennifer1585 - the portal is linked at the bottom of the email they sent when you were invited to complete the secondary app)

+1

Just scheduled my date.

+1

Just scheduled my date.

When are you guys scheduled?

Logged on to portal. It's exactly the way it was 2 months ago... Validation:passed. Date completed: 7/14/15

Where did you find "congrats, you're invited" message on the portal?

Logged on to portal. It's exactly the way it was 2 months ago... Validation:passed. Date completed: 7/14/15

Where did you find "congrats, you're invited" message on the portal?
I just clicked on the "Interview" tab up at the top of the page.