Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on this? I got a complete email late august. Its been over a week (obviously), does this mean I'm rejected?
I am wondering this same thing. I received a complete email Sep 3rd and haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get worried. :/

Reactions: 2 users
Have you guys been checking your online status page at vcomvcamp.vcom.edu ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys been checking your online status page at vcomvcamp.vcom.edu ?
Nothing :/ Idk why we'd receive anything from there without any notification though. The other strange thing is, I was never given that web address in any email.

Nothing :/ Idk why we'd receive anything from there without any notification though. The other strange thing is, I was never given that web address in any email.

I never got an II phone call, I just got online and checked that webpage one day and had an interview tab at the top of the page. So I clicked through the directions on that page and signed up for my interview day. They never called me once before I showed up for interview. They only called me for acceptance through out whole process.

I never got an II phone call, I just got online and checked that webpage one day and had an interview tab at the top of the page. So I clicked through the directions on that page and signed up for my interview day. They never called me once before I showed up for interview. They only called me for acceptance through out whole process.
i see. It still stands that I was never emailed that link. I have the secondary invite email, payment received email, and the application complete email. No where is vcomvcamp.vcom.edu linked...whats going on!?

i see. It still stands that I was never emailed that link. I have the secondary invite email, payment received email, and the application complete email. No where is vcomvcamp.vcom.edu linked...whats going on!?

That's really weird!! It's a super helpful and important page, it is strange that not everyone got that link. But, I think they are just taking their time with interviews and what not, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

That's really weird!! It's a super helpful and important page, it is strange that not everyone got that link. But, I think they are just taking their time with interviews and what not, I'm sure you will hear something soon!
i dont have very high hopes, Ive had my complete email for almost 2 months now

Reactions: 1 user
I never even got an email. I emailed them and asked what the status of my application was three weeks ago (I submitted mid July ish). They emailed me back the next day and said I was complete and under review. Still nothing showing up on the status page though :shrug:

I never even got an email. I emailed them and asked what the status of my application was three weeks ago (I submitted mid July ish). They emailed me back the next day and said I was complete and under review. Still nothing showing up on the status page though :shrug:
Dang that's strange I would have thought they would gotten back to you by now. Keep your head up.

^ it pisses me off cause i really like this school! I have received 6 other interview invites, but am wondering why i havent even ever gotten a email or anything from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either. Same as LECOM-erie, LECOM- Bradenton, MSU, TCOM, FSU, Wakeforest, USUHS and PNWU. Its actually weird I received II from 2 schools that I was complete in sept, but all the ones that were complete in June and July silence. Guess it doesn't always matter if you submit early.

^ it pisses me off cause i really like this school! I have received 6 other interview invites, but am wondering why i havent even ever gotten a email or anything from them!
what schools have u receieved an II from?
@csivet21 : complete silence from like 7 schools for me. I submitted everything by august for all of my schools. No rejections from them but no II's either. Im not sure if they lost my application, forgot about it, or what. I'm tempted to email some of these schools.

@csivet21 : complete silence from like 7 schools for me. I submitted everything by august for all of my schools. No rejections from them but no II's either. Im not sure if they lost my application, forgot about it, or what. I'm tempted to email some of these schools.

I received an Interview from: NYIT-COM (already interviewed september), LECOM-SH (interviwed already), ACOM (interviewd there too), LECOM- Bradenton (Interview next week), BCOM (Cancelled interview), and CUSOM (interview early November)!! Its been silent for me for the Edwards, and NOVA

I received an Interview from: NYIT-COM (already interviewed september), LECOM-SH (interviwed already), ACOM (interviewd there too), LECOM- Bradenton (Interview next week), BCOM (Cancelled interview), and CUSOM (interview early November)!! Its been silent for me for the Edwards, and NOVA
are you from NY? I havent heard anything from NYIT yet (or LECOM-B for that matter)?

What where your stats? If they were decent you should have heard something for sure.

are you from NY? I havent heard anything from NYIT yet (or LECOM-B for that matter)?

Yes I am from New York, I heard back a month from submitting my secondary, and Bradenton about 1.5 months after!! What are your stats?

WVSOM, DCOM, Liberty and Western U-Lebanon

This is my second time applying. I didn't get any interviews last year.

Same.
I got an email reply saying my file is complete and still under review.
o_O
Dang I would have called them easily after 3 weeks or a month. I bugged the heck out of VCOM-CC the entire process. Told them when I was submitting, then filling out the secondary, then the next day asking when I should hear back. I was on top of them the entire time probably too much, but they were beyond nice about it.

Are you all able to see a status of your application when you log in? When I log in it just shows communication status, not whether it's complete or under review

Last edited:
Got an II today, anybody know if it's closed vs open file? MMI? Help a bro out #thanks

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted the secondary yesterday! How do they contact for II's?

I'm interviewing here tomorrow and I'm pretty pumped - this is definitely one of my top choices. Anyone have any last minute advice?

Be yourself, know the big 3 questions every school should ask you, and know your application! Good luck :)

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: 1 users
If any of you on this discussion were accepted to the Carolinas campus, PM me for the Facebook link!

II for Virginia campus! Submitted mid July, Completed 9/4 for reference.

Reactions: 3 users
To anyone here that's interviewing, here's my advice: Don't do anything stupid, and you're in.

Their post-interview acceptance rate is incredibly high, all you need to be able to do is communicate reasonably well and carry on a conversation. Your answers to the questions are basically meaningless, and the goal here should not be to "wow" them like it is at other schools. Just relax and act professional.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to be complete? I am working my way to week 4, and I am sure they are very busy at this time of the year.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to be complete? I am working my way to week 4, and I am sure they are very busy at this time of the year.
+1 I'm still waiting to be complete. Submitted 10/6

I submitted my secondary 8/18 and my file was complete 10/5. About a month and a half. I haven't heard anything since the complete application update and am unsure how long it takes them to send out IIs after the completion date but I would love to interview at any of the 3 campuses. Ideal areas for me.

holy moly! what schools?

edit: lol I should have read the thread further before asking. But why did you cancel BCOM? I heard they were really promising.

Hey fellas, so how does it work here? I applied to all three campuses. Does this mean three seperate interviews?

holy moly! what schools?

edit: lol I should have read the thread further before asking. But why did you cancel BCOM? I heard they were really promising.

I cancelled because there are NO seats left at BCOM, my interview was like in 29th of October, and you are likely gonna get rejected or waitlisted at this point

I cancelled because there are NO seats left at BCOM, my interview was like in 29th of October, and you are likely gonna get rejected or waitlisted at this point

VCOM is very selective, they pre-screen before giving out secondaries and only invite people to interviews that they will likely accept. Have you received a secondary? I don't ever recommend cancelling interviews even if their class is full. Every school accepts more students than spaces available.