Edward Via - Virginia (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted in December. Giving up my seat. Good luck to the WL folks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Were you wait listed at first?
Thank you! I interviewed 2/26 and got wait listed about 2 weeks after that.

Hey everyone! I am an OMS IV from VCOM-VA. When I applied I didn't end up receiving an interview until late March, and was waitlisted. At that time, they used to rank the wait list after interviews were completed, and the top 10 people received an email saying where they were in the top 10. Some people (like me) received an email that I was "ranked highly" on their waitlist and that in the event I didn't get accepted off of the wait list that year, then I would have an early acceptance to the class the following year. I didn't get off the waitlist, but did have an acceptance still so it all worked out ultimately. I don't know if they still operate it this way, but to give those waitlisted an idea of how it might work. Good luck everyone!

Anyone recieve an acceptance recently from VCOM?

Generally speaking, do you guys think there will be some movement on the waitlist?

Anyone recieve an acceptance recently from VCOM?

Generally speaking, do you guys think there will be some movement on the waitlist?
I'm waiting on the exact same thing. I spoke with Julie mid-March and she said that movement had been slower than last year. She mentioned that the most movement typically occurs around mid-May (makes sense because of the acceptance "deadline").

Any updates on waitlist movement? Has there been any acceptances in the past few weeks? Have they notified the top 10 waitlist candidates already?

Any updates on waitlist movement? Has there been any acceptances in the past few weeks? Have they notified the top 10 waitlist candidates already?

I am withdrawing my acceptance today, so that should open up at least one more spot!

I'm waiting on the exact same thing. I spoke with Julie mid-March and she said that movement had been slower than last year. She mentioned that the most movement typically occurs around mid-May (makes sense because of the acceptance "deadline").

@krwalding

Have you heard anything from VCOM yet? I thought they would email the top waitlist students? Are you still hoping for VCOM?

@krwalding

Have you heard anything from VCOM yet? I thought they would email the top waitlist students? Are you still hoping for VCOM?

Still waiting - if they have sent out the top-ten list, I'm unfortunately not on it. And yep, I only want to go to this school!

Any recent acceptances? Any recent withdrawals? Somebody give me something! Seems like there is not much movement...

I got accepted into the Class of 2019 today! :) I was on the alternate wait list for the class of 2018, and received the email today that I was accepted! I'm so excited!! Still hoping to get in to this class, but this is the school I want to be at! I hope the best for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into the Class of 2019 today! :) I was on the alternate wait list for the class of 2018, and received the email today that I was accepted! I'm so excited!! Still hoping to get in to this class, but this is the school I want to be at! I hope the best for everyone!

I got the same news today! So excited!

Nope. In fact, the email noted that they still can't disclose that information, so I'm not sure where I was/am on the waitlist. Honestly, I'm with @VOLS for LIFE; I would love to get in this fall, but I'm very thankful for a spot in next year's class.

Any movement on the waitlist? Did anyone who was accepted decide to withdraw?

Accepted off the waitlist. VA resident.

Secondary Complete -- 11/27
Interviewed -- 2/17
Waitlisted -- 2/27
Accepted/Offered early admission for Class of 2019 -- 5/9
Accepted for Class of 2018 -- 5/22

Reactions: 4 users

Interviewed -- 2/17
Waitlisted -- 2/27

Congrats! Will you be attending?

Accepted on Thursday, deposit sent in on Friday! I'm looking forward to getting started and meeting everyone!

I had the interview on March 3rd, was put put on the waiting list two weeks after, given a seat for the class of 2019 and accepted into the class of 2018. Good luck guys!

Accepted off the waitlist for the class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Interviewed -- 12/17
Waitlisted -- 12/20
Accepted for Class of 2018 -- 6/2

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist for class of 2018 today as well! So excited! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Has anyone attempted to use the housing listserv for the 2018 class? The "roommate questionnaire" document doesn't seem to be working for me. I live in Florida, so I need all the help I can get trying to find housing, haha.

Send me a message, I am also trying to find housing.

Interviewed -- 2/17
Waitlisted -- 2/27
Accepted on Thursday, deposit sent in on Friday! I'm looking forward to getting started and meeting everyone!
I had the interview on March 3rd, was put put on the waiting list two weeks after, given a seat for the class of 2019 and accepted into the class of 2018. Good luck guys!
Accepted off the waitlist for the class of 2018! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Interviewed -- 12/17
Waitlisted -- 12/20
Accepted for Class of 2018 -- 6/2
Accepted off the waitlist for class of 2018 today as well! So excited! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Did you guys send updates by any chance? I hope there is still room!

Has anyone attempted to use the housing listserv for the 2018 class? The "roommate questionnaire" document doesn't seem to be working for me. I live in Florida, so I need all the help I can get trying to find housing, haha.
If you email Julianne Smartt, she can email you a different version of the form. I had trouble with the original one, but the second version worked for me. Also, just throwing it out there, I'm currently looking for a roommate (I already have a townhouse). Feel free to message me if you're interested, or have any questions... I'm from the Blacksburg area (and have looked at tons of places recently) so I'll help any way I can.

Did you guys send updates by any chance? I hope there is still room!

I sent pretty frequent updates up until I got the offer for next year's class, then I pulled back a little so they wouldn't change their minds, haha. After that point, I only submitted grad transcripts and casually kept contact with Julie.

Just a point of interest for anyone still waiting to hear from VCOM, my friend who interviewed in mid-May for the wait-list just found out today that she was accepted. So, there are still spots available!

If you email Julianne Smartt, she can email you a different version of the form. I had trouble with the original one, but the second version worked for me. Also, just throwing it out there, I'm currently looking for a roommate (I already have a townhouse). Feel free to message me if you're interested, or have any questions... I'm from the Blacksburg area (and have looked at tons of places recently) so I'll help any way I can.

I should start sending updates/additional information then! Hope it still helps. But I haven't really kept in touch with them. Congratulations everyone!

Does anyone know where the closest banks/ATMs are around campus or just generally around Blacksburg? I currently have Bank of America, but I'd like to switch anyhow and would prefer to switch to a bank with an ATM in town.

Wells Fargo, BBB, Bank of America is close, Union Bank

Does VCOM not post a match list? I cannot find it and if anyone can either post it or let me know where I can find it I'd appreciate it!

To those that applied to both the VC and CC campus was there one secondary and listing of preference 1,2? Also, if there was one secondary and listing the campus in preference, was there only one interview? Thank you.

Just got an email from admissions saying they received my AACOMAS application and that the committee will begin reviewing applications in the next 2-3 weeks.
same! Good luck!

I just recently opened up another spot for the class of 2018...It was very hard to say NO to this school since this was my top DO school but I wish you all the best!!

I just recently opened up another spot for the class of 2018...It was very hard to say NO to this school since this was my top DO school but I wish you all the best!!

I literally think I got your spot. :) Got a call yesterday afternoon. Now terrified and might be moving 800 miles in three weeks! Holy cow!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope there's a few more seats opening! I really really hope so...

I literally think I got your spot. :) Got a call yesterday afternoon. Now terrified and might be moving 800 miles in three weeks! Holy cow!
Congrats! :)

And same here - I finish my master's on July 22nd and I'm driving up from south Florida on the 27th, haha. When are you heading up?

Congrats! :)

And same here - I finish my master's on July 22nd and I'm driving up from south Florida on the 27th, haha. When are you heading up?
I'm thinking the next weekend, sadly. I have my sister's wedding the 27th! Otherwise we could have caravaned! So excited though!

Hey All,

Haven't posted anything on here but I have followed it extensively as the year went on. Just wanted to let everyone know that me and my brother just withdrew our acceptances today in order to attend another school that we were on the waitlist for. 2 spots will be opening up soon for anyone on the waitlist! Good luck!

Any current VCOM students out there? I have a question for you

My question is about the curriculum. I know the first 2 years are broken up into blocks, I was wondering how current students prepared for the COMLEX exam. My concern is that as I progress through the blocks I will become less familiar with the content covered in the earlier blocks. Is there a connection to previously covered blocks that I am not seeing? Or is it just the responsibility of the student to review before block 8?

Any current VCOM students out there? I have a question for you

My question is about the curriculum. I know the first 2 years are broken up into blocks. Is there a connection to previously covered blocks so that you don’t forget the material in the 1st blocks?