Effect of Disciplinary Probation on Residency and Future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmedStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was caught bringing in a cheat sheet into an exam in medical school. The school decided to allow me to repeat the year and put me on disciplinary probation. What effect will this have on residency and the future? Thanks. I would appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I was caught bringing in a cheat sheet into an exam in medical school. The school decided to allow me to repeat the year and put me on disciplinary probation. What effect will this have on residency and the future? Thanks. I would appreciate any advice.

Just ask the school how they want to report it or document it. If they say that they will put down you cheated then on every single licensure application and credentialing application you will have to say that you repeated the year in medical school and you were put on probation and you were disciplined. I dont think it will preclude you to be licenses anywhere but you will have some 'splaining to do every time you are licensed or credentialed anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.