Egyptian dentist is asking for advice about working in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sm22177

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am Egyptian Dentist graduated from Cairo University - Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine since 2001.

I am working as a general dentist for 14 years in Egypt, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.

I would like to work any available dental job in USA to satisfy my family needs like dental assisting,receptionist, coordinator, management, administration or others because I cannot work as a certified dentist because I am graduated from dental school from outside USA.

Working in Ministry of Health of (Egypt) 5 years

Working in Ministry of Health of (Malaysia) 3 years

Working in Ministry of Health and Private center in (Saudi Arabia) 6 years.

I have experience in management and administration in Ministry of Health in Egypt,Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.

Also I have experience in assisting because I worked as an assistant for some maxillofacial surgeons in Malaysia under general Anesthesia and Local Anesthesia.

I would like to be clear and honest to understand me and anyone may be able to give me advice and help , I have son has mild Autism and I would like to treat him in USA due to presence many powerful programs in schools dealing with Autism and unfortunately we don't have autistic schools in middle east countries like USA and this consideration is the main reason for transferring and moving to USA to help my son.

Members don't see this ad.

my bestets wishes to you for establishing yourself here. i can tell you that first , narrow the state in us where you want to move and then go to the states respective website and check your options.
they generally don't give a working visa here for assistant work since they have plenty of us citizens who want to work as an assistant. but, "where there is a will there is a way" so all the best

Reactions: 1 user
It is not clear to me if you are in the US or still trying to come the US? It is un-realistic to get a visa for even a dentist who wants to work in the US unless the dentist is extraordinary. Sorry, but this is reality. If you can get a visa by any other means, it is super easy to find a dental assistant anywhere in the US.
That said, Mu advice is to try Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. I think they have some migration options for dentists. I think you can study their board and apply for a immigration or work visa. All those countries have good education options for autistic children.
Please let me know if you have a particular question. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user