Einstein vs SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shinbeats

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I was thinking about going to Einstein but I think SGU would be a greater option.

Einstein:-

Pros:-
Well respected
Tons of opportunity
Immense research

Cons:-
Cold weather
Expensive

SGU:-

Warm weather and beach life
Mangos.

Problems with residency but I want primary care so no big deal.

I'm all honesty I want to enjoy the warm weather at SGU, live life like a vacation while in school and beaches. So many people go there for vacations why not put school in there too. Most importantly I like mangos which I think SGU has excellent quality of.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys I was thinking about going to Einstein but I think SGU would be a greater option.

Well respected
Tons of opportunity
Immense research

Cold weather
Expensive

Mangos.

I'm all honesty I want to enjoy the warm weather at SGU, live the vacation life of school and beaches. Most importantly I like mangos which I think SGU has excellent quality of.

Go to SGU please, save us all.

Mangos are small here, but they make good smoothies.

Members don't see this ad :)
SGU for sure. As a mango enthusiast, I can honestly say Einstein's mangos are subpar. SGU's, on the other hand...

Lol@ going to medical school for mangos.

Well respected
Tons of opportunity
Immense research

Cold weather
Expensive

Mangos.

I'm all honesty I want to enjoy the warm weather at SGU, live the vacation life of school and beaches. Most importantly I like mangos which I think SGU has excellent quality of.

SGU is by far the better option here, but I would really suggest considering either Ross because it's a better school or SJB because it's technically still a US medical school AND they've got beaches and mangos in the area. Also, SJB has had some accreditation problems, so they're more likely to give you a good scholarship! (Don't worry about the accreditation issue, though, since they got their accreditation reinstated by legal action, so they must be a great school! It was really just that the LCME is racist and greedy and wanted to close them down to make room for English-speaking medical schools in the continental U.S.)

I was so upset when I first read this since I love Einstein and I volunteer at Monefiore quite frequently. But then I realized this was a joke! :thumbdown:meanie:

I know this is a joke thread, but there are people who seriously ask this question. My ex-girlfriend had a friend who actually WANTED to go to a Caribbean med school over the US solely because of the weather, and if infuriated me that someone can be that misinformed.

you should have promoted it, it helps the rest of us

Lol@ going to medical school for mangos.

I was in a similar situation, deciding between Harvard and MCW. I ultimately chose MCW because who can resist Wisconsin cheese?!?!?!

wisconsin-cheese-logo.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar situation, deciding between Harvard and MCW. I ultimately chose MCW because who can resist Wisconsin cheese?!?!?!

wisconsin-cheese-logo.jpg

Pretty much the same issue as that presented in this thread: UCSD vs UMich -- better school or better chicks/weather/beaches/mangos.

Haha yeah Einstein vs SGU is waaaayyy different than UCSD vs UMich

I think a lot of us Californians would seriously pick UCSD

Haha, I agree. Hence the sarcastic statement. I'd pick UCSD WAAAAY over UMich, given the choice (and I'm not even from CA).

I heard that the lower the I.Q. the hotter the girls are. Or is it the more you drink? I forget:p

I assume SGU girls would be hotter. :smuggrin:

Actually having worked with Cornell, Downstate, Einstein, SGU and Ross students, I would have to say SGU chicks are hotter and more "liberal" (and I don't mean a democrat).:)

Good mangos and easy chicks, who can resist!

my advisor said I should apply to sgu is it true is good school?

Don't overlook hotness of med students when considering where to go. Remember these will be the people you will probably end up dating. Obviously Einstein and SGU are not in the same category academically. But for academically similar schools, go where hot girls are. Hot girls tend to go to warmer climates (ie LA, Florida). Remember a large amount of med school education is self directed and textbooks are the same everywhere.

(SGU is better of crib schools, but not in the same category as US MD schools. )

You do not "pick" UCSD.

UCSD picks you.

Don't overlook hotness of med students when considering where to go. Remember these will be the people you will probably end up dating. Obviously Einstein and SGU are not in the same category academically. But for academically similar schools, go where hot girls are. Hot girls tend to go to warmer climates (ie LA, Florida). Remember a large amount of med school education is self directed and textbooks are the same everywhere.

(SGU is better of crib schools, but not in the same category as US MD schools. )

:thumbup:girls are cold blooded animals, they need warmth to survive