EIS 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about an upcoming Google+ hangout: Get to Know EIS: CDC’s Disease Detectives, on Jan 28. Here's the link: https://plus.google.com/events/ceo8r57i2tgvnsea3e1ttpamtg4

I'm also happy to answer any questions about the program (though it may take a while for me to respond).

Members don't see this ad.

Dear folks,
Any ideas about the dates for 2016 EIS conference. I could not make this year but plan to attend it in 2016. Thanks

Dear folks,
Any ideas about the dates for 2016 EIS conference. I could not make this year but plan to attend it in 2016. Thanks

You might try checking the past program pdfs on the eis website. I think they have dates. Seems like it's always the second half of April, but I don't know if that varies and I don't know if they consistently hold it on the 3rd week, 4th week, or whatever. The past programs are probably your best bet since they won't announce the 2016 conference until next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the EIS Alumni Newsletter, Spring 15

<<
Who is the EIS Class of 2015?

It's one of our favorite times of year when we get to meet the new EIS officers! For the 2015 EIS class, we selected 80 qualified officers, selected from 586 applicants. The incoming class consists of 40 physicians, 29 PhD-level scientists, 9 veterinarians, 1 nurse, and 1 physical therapist. Seventy percent (56) of the 2015 class is female.

Ten new officers are pre-matched, and 70 will participate in the matching process. Come meet our new officers at the Annual Meeting!
>>

Best -

TrixMD
EIS11

Reactions: 1 user
Dear folks,

Just announced: The 2016 Conference will be May 2-5, 2016. They don't usually say where until February or March.

I was waitlisted for this year's class. I will be applying again .
The EIS 2015 thread was very informative. I am starting a new thread "EIS 2016".
Looking forward......

I look forward to following your journey, future Class of 2016! Good luck with application season--remember to request one or two extra references just in case something happens to someone and they miss the deadline! Plus, more people attesting to your greatness is always a good thing!

Hello All,

I wanted to share a new program that has started within the CDC that mirrors the EIS program but for PhD's with laboratory experience. It shares similar timelines and experiences. Please see the following link for information.

http://www.cdc.gov/lls/index.html

I'll post this on the EIS 2016 thread when it is started. However, keep in mind the closing date is Aug 17th, 2015.

Good luck!

I am a public health nurse BSN with MPH. I am very interested in EIS. I am wondering if I am competitive to apply now or should I wait until I have my DNP in 2 years?
Also, for those of you who got waitlisted, does it increase your chance of getting accepted after that?

I am a public health nurse BSN with MPH. I am very interested in EIS. I am wondering if I am competitive to apply now or should I wait until I have my DNP in 2 years?
Also, for those of you who got waitlisted, does it increase your chance of getting accepted after that?

So, applying now meaning you'd drop out of your DNP after a year to join EIS? I'd say wait. One nurse got in this year. She has an MPH, BSN, and MSN.

Good luck!

Hi @mlkmnsgrl , if you're familiar with this year's cohort, I was curious, out of all the MDs who were accepted:

1. Generally how much experience did they have after residency (i.e., were there any that entered the EIS straight after residency)

2. Is it preferred that MDs have a Masters degree of sort (or are they fine with MDs w/o an MPH who generally have some background in epi (even if basic)?

It's all online, so I don't have to drop out in order to do EIS. I am just wondering if I have a good chance if I don't have a master in nursing.