EK 1001 and SN2ed's schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question mostly for those following SN2ed's schedule, and SN2ed himself.......

In the past, I have been unpleasantly surprised when I get to the day where you do the corresponding EK 1001 problems for the BR material you just covered. By that, I mean that I would end up getting EK problems wrong and realizing that I didn't have the strong understanding that I thought I did. So lately, I have been modifying it to reading BR + doing EK 1001 corresponding problems, then the first third, and then a few more EK 1001 problems before the second third. It's a little more time consuming, but I'm hoping/thinking it causes me to approach the passages with a more in-depth understanding of the basic concepts.

What does everyone think of this? Good idea/bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question mostly for those following SN2ed's schedule, and SN2ed himself.......

In the past, I have been unpleasantly surprised when I get to the day where you do the corresponding EK 1001 problems for the BR material you just covered. By that, I mean that I would end up getting EK problems wrong and realizing that I didn't have the strong understanding that I thought I did. So lately, I have been modifying it to reading BR + doing EK 1001 corresponding problems, then the first third, and then a few more EK 1001 problems before the second third. It's a little more time consuming, but I'm hoping/thinking it causes me to approach the passages with a more in-depth understanding of the basic concepts.

What does everyone think of this? Good idea/bad idea?

Sounds like a good idea. I would do something to reinforce the material. I noticed that the first time I ran through the material and answered questions afterward I would rarely do well. After the second or third time, though, I would usually do reasonably well.

Sounds like a good idea. I would do something to reinforce the material. I noticed that the first time I ran through the material and answered questions afterward I would rarely do well. After the second or third time, though, I would usually do reasonably well.

I'm hoping that things work out this way for me as well. I'm doing much worse than expected for how much I thought I understood the material.

Hopefully the next run through will prove to be better.

Fellow EK 1001 users, take a look at # 308 in EK 1001 Physics. I'm 99% sure their answer and logic are both wrong. It's way too complicated to explain on here, but I broke it down into a series of equilateral triangles in addition to solving using the torque equation. Both of my answers from both ways agreed, and their math does not come out correctly.

Actually there are a handful of EK 1001 problems when my equation with variables matches the solution's exactly, but when you plug in numbers, it doesn't work out the same. I still like the series because I feel it helps with concepts, but is anyone else having this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow EK 1001 users, take a look at # 308 in EK 1001 Physics. I'm 99% sure their answer and logic are both wrong. It's way too complicated to explain on here, but I broke it down into a series of equilateral triangles in addition to solving using the torque equation. Both of my answers from both ways agreed, and their math does not come out correctly.

Actually there are a handful of EK 1001 problems when my equation with variables matches the solution's exactly, but when you plug in numbers, it doesn't work out the same. I still like the series because I feel it helps with concepts, but is anyone else having this issue?

I could have sworn that there was a mistake in the EK study book end of chapter exam as well. Their explanation contradicted their answer choice...