Ek 1001

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did EK 1001 bio and I found it very useful since I was weak on bio..I have two more months to take the mcat and I wanna know if EK 1001 organic and gen chem are useful as well. Can someone chime on their usefullness and how much they have helped them in the MCAT? I won't be doing the EK1001 physics as I am using TBR and NOVA for this section.

Members don't see this ad.

I bought the physics, chem, and organic books expecting to put them to good use, but didn't really have time to use them much. Although I barely cracked them open, just doing a few problems in those sections I was weakest in was immensely helpful. So yeah, they're worth using.

Last edited:
Personally I hated them. The problems are often crazy and highly questionable. I think the bio is the worst one. The passages are nothing like the real mcat so all it does is help you memorize facts. But facts isn't necessarily how you get a good bio score- you need strong critical thinking skills. It's true that the bio has become a convoluted form of VR.

TBR passages/TPR science workbook made me go from low 20s to low 30s.

It helped me a lot with the concepts I struggled with. I didn't do all 1001, but I do think it is beneficial to have for the extra practice.