EK FL CARS vs AAMC Q Pack CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frodo25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I get around 80% of AAMC CARS but around 55% on EK CARS. Is EK that much harder?

Members don't see this ad.

that's similar to what happened to me. I took the EK1 and 4, and got low 60% on both. However, I took the AAMC FL CARS, and scored an 85%!

Members don't see this ad :)
I never scored higher than 80% on EK's FLs, but averaged 85%+ on Q packs, 88% on the FL, and 97% on the OG.

97th percentile on the real thing.

So yes, EK's CARS is wayyyy harder.

I feel like EK CARS is more detail oriented compared to NS CARS. I am doing way better on NS CARS than EK's.... Anyone else agree?

I never scored higher than 80% on EK's FLs, but averaged 85%+ on Q packs, 88% on the FL, and 97% on the OG.

97th percentile on the real thing.

So yes, EK's CARS is wayyyy harder.
how'd u do on TPR CARS? I et around 75-83 but then mess up on 1 every 3-4 and get a 40-50%

My scores for EK101 vs. EK FLs vs. TPRH vs. AAMC verbal section tests:

EK101 Tests 1-8: 5, 10, 9, 11, 8, 10, 11, 9
TPRH average percentage (entire book): 72% (TPRH are by far the hardest)
AAMC 3-7: 10, 10, 11, 10, 10
EK FL 1 CARS: 74%

A caveat to this is I did my Aug 5th MCAT with minimal verbal practise (i think I'd only done the first 3 EK101 exams) and ended up getting an 125 (8 according to old scores) on the real thing. Quite a bit lower than what these practice tests have been revealing so far. By the same token however, this was before I did all these practice tests. Perhaps understanding the format of the test/practice has bumped up my verbal score a bit. Additionally, I think I partially screwed up on the real thing by mis-timing - so it may not have been representative of my true performance.

Last edited: