Electives at Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Djanaba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, all!

I was wondering if any non-harvard students have done electives away at Harvard -- and if you've done your rotation at Brigham and Women's, all the better! I'm interested in chatting with *anyone* who has done this, or is a current Harvard student with some insight on how the visiting students are treated, differences in expectation (if any), etc. Post here or email me privately at djanaba at mindless dot com. Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, all!

I was wondering if any non-harvard students have done electives away at Harvard -- and if you've done your rotation at Brigham and Women's, all the better! I'm interested in chatting with *anyone* who has done this, or is a current Harvard student with some insight on how the visiting students are treated, differences in expectation (if any), etc. Post here or email me privately at djanaba at mindless dot com. Thank you!!!
Hi i m a medical student from India. I have been accepted for a clerkship at Harvard for Feb 2013. Did you also do a rotation there? It would be great if you could throw some light onyour experience there.
Any input is welcome and will be a great help! :)
Many thanks,
Regards.

I'm a current MS III at Harvard. If you choose to do a neuro elective here, I'd recommend avoiding BIDMC if you can. It is known for being disorganized with malignant people from residents to those in charge of the clerkship and residency. Personal experience agrees with this assessment.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current MS III at Harvard. If you choose to do a neuro elective here, I'd recommend avoiding BIDMC if you can. It is known for being disorganized with malignant people from residents to those in charge of the clerkship and residency. Personal experience agrees with this assessment.

Is this just for Neuro or all the electives the offer?

Just neuro. Everything else has been fabulous. Happy to go into more detail via PM.

Does anyone know about the surgical intensive care units at Brigham? Or anything about their trauma and burns management?

Cheers

Hi there, I am an international student doing an elective at Brigham & Women's hospital later this year. Do you know much about the surgical intensive care units, trauma and burn management at the hospital? Any advice or information about the Brigham and your time in Boston would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi i m a medical student from India. I have been accepted for a clerkship at Harvard for Feb 2013. Did you also do a rotation there? It would be great if you could throw some light onyour experience there.
Any input is welcome and will be a great help! :)
Many thanks,
Regards.

Hey, I'm also a medical student in India currently in my fourth year...I wanted to know how your clerkship in Harvard was...Did they give you a good LOR?? And which subject did you do the clerkship in? it would be really nice if you could help me out. Really need a mentor. :)
Thank you.

Dear all,

I have a question regarding Harvard application. My school is not included in their list, even though I e-mail them to add my school to the list (this is what their website told me to do) they reject to do that by just saying we are unable to do that right now. Have you guys encountered this kind of problem? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!