Elevated Platelet in Liver Cirrhosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denxe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've been collecting some data about platelet in liver cirrhosis according to Child-Pugh. I've collected 150 platelet data from medical record diagnosed with liver cirrhosis (no other concomitant disease). Surprisingly, i found the mean platelet were increase with Child-Pugh stage A, B and C. It's strange isn't it? I think it's supposed to be decreased the more cirrhosis progress.

So, the question is, what is the logical and scientific reason for this?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

so i've been collecting some data about platelet in liver cirrhosis according to Child-Pugh. I've collected 150 platelet data from medical record diagnosed with liver cirrhosis (no other concomitant disease). Surprisingly, i found the mean platelet were increase with Child-Pugh stage A, B and C. It's strange isn't it? I think it's supposed to be decreased the more cirrhosis progress.

So, the question is, what is the logical and scientific reason for this?
Thanks
Stats or it didn't happen.

Also, there's nobody out there with C-P C liver disease and no other medical problems. If so, you've found 150 unicorns and that's what your paper should be about.

Reactions: 1 user
Stats or it didn't happen.

Also, there's nobody out there with C-P C liver disease and no other medical problems. If so, you've found 150 unicorns and that's what your paper should be about.
what do you mean with stats?

well what i really mean it's not diagnosed with other disease that directly impacted by cirrhosis (viral/bacterial infection or cancer)

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean with stats?
I mean, show us your statistics proving a statistically meaningful increase in plt count in patients with cirrhosis, subdivided by C-P class.
well what i really mean it's not diagnosed with other disease that directly impacted by cirrhosis (viral/bacterial infection or cancer)
But you're not measuring cirrhosis, you're measuring Plt count. Rule out everything else that can alter plt count.

Multivariate analysis is a bitch sometimes.

pHTN lowers platelet count. If you have data that says anything else, then your data is wrong. This is so clearly the case that it will be dismissed out of hand. Sorry bud.