eLOR requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jolenelee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am curious about the eLOR requirements according to certain schools. To give you a brief summary of my evaluator choices - I've been working at a small animal hospital as a technician/receptionist for the past 2 years so naturally I have a fellow receptionist and two of the doctors as evaluators. I have done volunteer work/internships with wildlife and large animals but certainly not enough (timewise) to ask the coordinators for an evaluation...So I also have two professors and my advisor.

One of the schools I am interested in lists that the eLORs come from one veterinarian, one professor, and one employer. Now I have the vet and prof down, but as for employer I am at a loss of what to do...

I have only ever had two other jobs before the hospital - dairy queen high school job for ~4 years (5 years ago) and then a kennel technician at a small animal hospital for 3 months about 3 years ago (I'm sure the doctor does not remember me, so I don't expect them to write me a letter).

My question: since I have two doctors as evaluators, would it be terrible if one of the doctors counted as my "veterinarian" evaluator and the other as my "employer"? Granted, neither of them are the head doctor that owns the hospital (I barely work with him, so I didn't expect a good reference if I asked).

Any thoughts? I can't figure out if this fits the requirement or not and have not had any luck extensively searching for similar threads on this kind of issue.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, this is a question that would be best answered by the particular school. Only they know what they will accept for their specific requirements. Some schools don't want two letters from people at the same "experience", so they might not accept separate letters from both doctors. Other schools will. So I think it would be best to contact that school's admissions office.