EM:RAP as MS II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOther

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title sums it up.

Oldest (2001...) to current?
Newest backwards?
Random?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not study med school stuff like pathoma

Reactions: 2 users
I've started to look at this stuff and there is remarkably little step 1 material on it

Members don't see this ad :)
I would stick with studying for step 2. You'll have more than enough time to listen to EM rap third and fourth year. If you want something EM that will help you think of differentials and etc I would try EM basic but that's going to be over kill for a second year. Prioritize my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Study med school.

Embasic just before your aways.

Emrap is for residents.

Thank me later.

-godmcmejhova

Reactions: 2 users
Why not study med school stuff like pathoma
Haha I am. I just find that I have some time driving, walking the dog, eating, etc when I'm not wanting to listen to Goljan. I joined acep so figured I'd check out emrap, that's all :)

Thanks everyone for the input!

I honestly didn't realize emrap was mainly for residents. People said to join acep for free emrap as a med student so I figured....

Guess it's back to UFAPS :)

You are fine listening to it as a medical student; however, you are not going to get much out of it. EM:RAP tends to focus more on cutting edge topics, day-to-day EM issues like throughput and pro-tips for basic procedures you won't be doing until you're a resident, and they frequently do segments on medical malpractice cases. You need to have a firm understanding of the basics of EM care and experience in the ER to get the most out of it.

Reactions: 1 users
EM:RAP has recently developed something called C3 (core curriculum) which is probably a decent listen for medical students, as a MS2 it still probably isn't super beneficial quite yet, but I would start with those.

emrap will cause you problems on exams. its far ahead more cutting edge and duplicate and incorrect for test answers will cause you problems. you will have ample time to listen to it later.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up everyone :) Appreciate it