Emails and Job Offers and BS Research Grants, Oh My...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceke2002

Purveyor of Strange
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you fresh out of training and readying yourself for the workforce, take heart. After placing an alternate contact email in the details section of my profile (and finally being able to access said email after a tad bit of a technical fiasco with Yahoo), I awoke several days ago to find my inbox filled with employment opportunities, offers of research grant money and at least one (I'm sure you're totally legit but your name sounds like complete bullsh*t) medical company whose written skills appear to rival that of a late night infomercial. But wait, there's more, I got all this and I didn't even have to bother going through any form of higher education and actually becoming a Psychiatrist/Psychologist/General Practitioner/Nurse/Social Worker/Someone who actually understands why the hell you'd put letters in a maths formula instead of numbers (oh Algebra, why must you confound me so). So just think what awaits those of you with actual qualifications! Of course the fact that the majority of these offers require you to either part with a certain dollar value, and or provide the companies in question with your full identification and bank account details (and possibly the blood of your first born, they weren't too clear on that part) in order to ensure a placement in their interview pool may give one a moment's pause, or several, but I for one remain convinced that these companies are all perfectly legit, just like I'm sure that cheque for 200k from a certain Nigerian prince will be appearing in the mail any day now. :whistle:

*ahem* :bullcrap:

(needless to say my contact details have now been removed from my profile, so if anyone still wants to ask a question of me in my other thread, without delurking, I'm afraid you're going to have to send me a message/start a conversation through here).

Members don't see this ad.