Emory DPT entering 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FewchurDPT

FewchurDPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I applied to Emory for their entering DPT class for summer 2013. It's almost February and I haven't heard anything yet. Other schools are doing interviews and sending out acceptances..Has anybody heard back from Emory as of yet?

Members don't see this ad.

From my notes, I do not believe they do interviews until February. I haven't heard anything about anybody getting an interview yet, but I could be wrong. I am assuming they are still reviewing applications. I got an email a week or so ago from the program asking whether or not I had done my academic update for this past fall via PTCAS.

Emory did away with their rolling admissions process this year and their application deadline is 2/1, so I would imagine we'd be hearing something in the next few weeks. I received an e-mail about 2 weeks ago stating that my application was complete and to expect to hear something in 3-5 weeks regarding interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that as well...

I had a pretty lengthy conversation with Dr. Greenfield this summer and he assured me that if I had my application in by 1/15 (2 weeks before the deadline) would be adequate. He said as long as my materials were in by then that I'd be hearing by mid-Feb about an interview.

I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything yet. Obviously not many people have heard anything from Emory or there would be more replies to the previous thread.

Yea their website states that if you wish to be in the first interview period then your app should be submitted before Jan 15th. It also states that the first interview round would be in february, however they do not give an actual date for the interview.

I'm assuming mid- to late Feb. I interviewed there last year and they didn't give too much advance notice... maybe 3 weeks at most. Hopefully we'll hear shortly after the 1st! I'm anxious as well.