Endo residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdavedave2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the endodontic programs at either UAB, VA Long Beach or Univeristy of Louisville? How many cases do the residents complete? Those type of things. And what is the outlook for an endodontic practice? Is it better to buy an existing practice or should I start one on my own? I am thinking of practicing either in Utah, Idaho or the Pacific Northwest. Does anyone out there have any knoweledge about this? Let me know thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

drdavedave2000 said:
Does anyone know about the endodontic programs at either UAB, VA Long Beach or Univeristy of Louisville? How many cases do the residents complete? Those type of things. And what is the outlook for an endodontic practice? Is it better to buy an existing practice or should I start one on my own? I am thinking of practicing either in Utah, Idaho or the Pacific Northwest. Does anyone out there have any knoweledge about this? Let me know thanks!

ASDA publishes a post-doctoral guide that has a lot of information like that about different programs. I would look them up online. As far as the buying/starting question, I would only buy in/out if you wanted to learn from the existing endodontist. From my understanding, buying an endo office is not like a gp office because in a general office, you essentially buy patients (charts, etc) but you don't really buy referring doctors by buying a specialty office.

DrDave, not many people post to the endo threads on SDN...who would think that OMFS residents had as much free time as they do...? ;)

ASDA publishes a post-doctoral guide that has a lot of information like that about different programs. I would look them up online. As far as the buying/starting question, I would only buy in/out if you wanted to learn from the existing endodontist. From my understanding, buying an endo office is not like a gp office because in a general office, you essentially buy patients (charts, etc) but you don't really buy referring doctors by buying a specialty office.

DrDave, not many people post to the endo threads on SDN...who would think that OMFS residents had as much free time as they do...? ;)
we have more free time. we just dont spend it on SDN. :p