Endoscopy Center where Joan Rivers went

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the investigation will show about the GI center.

I also wonder if they have an in-office pathology lab. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Likely nothing. Im fairly certain it will be revealed she was a pill popper and cause of her death is related to an interaction between those pills and the conscious sedation they gave her for the procedure.

No question the government apparatus will try to blame the pathologist in the in-office lab though. Some poor IMG from Mt. Sinai has probably already experienced an 'extraordinary rendition' to a cell in Jordan for his non-part in this...

Reactions: 1 user
Delayed deaths like this can be tough. Depending on the time interval, there may be no antemortem blood available for toxicology testing. And, with due apology to my CP colleagues, hospital tox has minimal value to a forensic pathologist, for reasons I'd be glad to explain should anyone be interested. New York is one of the few jurisdictions in North America that has an extra Manner of death classification - therapeutic misadventure (or some very similar phrasing).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unlikely to be tox, wonder if mt sinai hospital will keep all these docs at yorksville on staff at hospital as professors. I think full professorship pays a nice nice lump of gold in excess of 200k. Not a gi endoscopist but I have about 3 guesses of what occurred with different percentage likelihood with top issue being weighted 90% anyway saw cases like these routinely covered by mt sinai hospital woohoo. Joan Rivers's tragedy is terrible and if some good happens, it will be to shed light onto patient safety issues that increase morbidity or mortality.

Last edited:
Likely nothing. Im fairly certain it will be revealed she was a pill popper and cause of her death is related to an interaction between those pills and the conscious sedation they gave her for the procedure.

No question the government apparatus will try to blame the pathologist in the in-office lab though. Some poor IMG from Mt. Sinai has probably already experienced an 'extraordinary rendition' to a cell in Jordan for his non-part in this...

Unlikely to be paragraph 1, and well, here we have it: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...iopsy-cut-air-supply-source-article-1.1934178
I say that a pay cut, loss of privileges, and loss of medical license is due, including time behind bars for negligent manslaughter. Rivers was a national treasure and going strong at 81. The whole fiasco reminds me of a number of cases involving guilty endoscopists, surgeons, interventionists, friendly token critical care doctor, lento, confused or scared to say anything pathologists, and angry primary care doctors asking for answers. This is just when I thought that this couldn't get worse than the Julie Andrews' case, this -> http://nypost.com/2012/08/14/xxx-ray-vision-in-mt-sinai-o-r-suit/ or patients dying from lack of supervision by board certified doctors on saturdays, poor little kid here -> http://nypost.com/2002/04/14/dying-boys-critical-care-blasted-mount-sinai-docs-for-bad-treatment/ or Gandolfini fiasco etc etc etc... hills are alive with the sound of music, not so much anymore after mount sinai hospital in nyc handled Julie Andrews, how dare they? Organ transplant deaths one after another. Aureon and Impath ties through Cordon-Cardo and company. It's just horrible.

#2 well, Lento Schiller Fallon are no longer there, hahaha. I did hear that Schiller took over some lab that Rubin set up about 20 years back, which might count as in-office, maybe it's just a pod lab but they should blame him really blame him for this incident along with Lenot. Their degree of maliciousness to cover-up stuff requires very special pathology skill known as incompetence, even with the tantrums from Davis, surgeons etc etc, but I have definitive proof that they have done so. On the other hand, blaming some minority doctor, that's their m.o.

As for Mount Sinai Medical Center, you have my number, call me if you want to talk, and I mean for real, about real stuff, not your fabricated fake stuff you want to hang your hat on, okie? oh wait, I decided to edit that out after I couldn't find any good reason to make such an offer to an institution that hates me.

Last edited: