engineering major needs some advice!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stv2826

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior majoring in mechanical engineering (graduating this May). I am still not sure what i will do after I graduate and thinking about dental schol as one of my options. As an enginering major, I've taken all the physics and general chem, but haven't taken org. chem and any of bio classes yet. Is it possible to take them in junior college and apply for dental school? and what about other recommended science classes? Do they have to be upper division courses because I don't think junior college offer upper division courses? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I was also an engineering major, Biomechanical/biomaterials engineering. You need to take Ochem, bio-chem, and biology, look at the requirements for admissions at the schools you are looking at...the admissions people will also be able to tell you if they will accept the credit from a junior college. those science classes were part of my undergrad work.

stv2826 said:
I am a senior majoring in mechanical engineering (graduating this May). I am still not sure what i will do after I graduate and thinking about dental schol as one of my options. As an enginering major, I've taken all the physics and general chem, but haven't taken org. chem and any of bio classes yet. Is it possible to take them in junior college and apply for dental school? and what about other recommended science classes? Do they have to be upper division courses because I don't think junior college offer upper division courses? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was a Civil Engineering major and decided to go back after 3 years in the field. I needed to take the same things you will which included O Chem, Human Physiology, etc. (biological science requirements). I took some from the University and some from the Community College. The dental school I chose didn't require any upper level biological sciences. I took Human Physiology and Zoology. The Community College I attended works closely with the state University so I was assured that all would transfer. It all worked out just fine. I was accepted during the first round.

Good Luck!

Ryan