Entered coursework incorrectly - freaking out.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lionking101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sooooo I am currently taking animal nutrition through Oklahoma state via correspondence. I have a year to take it and started it this past May. When entering my courses for applications, I wasn't sure what to put that class as so I put it as a Fall 2014 semester course. I have been accepted to CSU and they are now wanting me to send in my transcripts for my Fall 2014 class. I haven't finished it and wasn't intending to until this spring. I've tried emailing them but it's Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday.

Basically I'm panicking that I will have my acceptance revoked due to incorrectly putting in coursework. I'm freaking out. Does anyone have experience with this? Did I just f*** myself over? Seriously freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

Sooooo I am currently taking animal nutrition through Oklahoma state via correspondence. I have a year to take it and started it this past May. When entering my courses for applications, I wasn't sure what to put that class as so I put it as a Fall 2014 semester course. I have been accepted to CSU and they are now wanting me to send in my transcripts for my Fall 2014 class. I haven't finished it and wasn't intending to until this spring. I've tried emailing them but it's Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday.

Basically I'm panicking that I will have my acceptance revoked due to incorrectly putting in coursework. I'm freaking out. Does anyone have experience with this? Did I just f*** myself over? Seriously freaking out.

I don't know what CSU's requirements are, but presumably it's that you have pre-reqs finished by end of spring semester like most (?) places. If you legitimately have a year to finish the course, and will have it finished by whatever CSU's deadline for pre-reqs is, and explain it to CSU, I would be *really* surprised if they have a problem with it.

They're probably just asking because they assumed that a Fall 2014-listed class would be done by now. Which is a pretty reasonable assumption. Once you explain it to them, they'll probably say "Oh, ok, send is the transcript when you finish. Has to be by date X."

Relax. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Same thing happened to me for Biochemistry. I basically emailed schools and explained that I started taking it in the fall but I was going to be done with it in February (which counts as spring) and all were all ok with it. They told me to send it in whenever I'm done. I don't know about CSU specifically, but judging from my experience, you're fine as long as you finish it in spring.
Congrats on your acceptance! I think it'll be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)

Most schools know about that animal nutrition course and are fine having it labeled whichever way. I think I labeled that course as when I started it on my application (I took almost a full year as well), and no school had a problem with how I labeled that (and neither did VMCAS during the verification process). So honestly, don't fret. Definitely contact the school and let them know. But otherwise, it doesn't need to be stressful in the slightest :).

First of all, congrats on your acceptance to CSU! If you come here, we'll be classmates this fall! :)

Second, does CSU even require animal nutrition as a pre-req? (Sorry, I don't remember from the application). I agree with what was said above, definitely contact admissions and explain, and also show that you are currently registered for the class. I mean, I guess the same thing could happen if someone signs up for a pre-req in fall 2014, drops it, and repeats in 2015?

I feel like it won't be an issue but I think since I realized it on the weekend my anxiety about it ramped up since I couldn't get ahold of someone.

I am going to csu as long as they don't for whatever reason take back their offer haha. Super excited! I will let you guys know what they say when I hear.

Thanks for calming my nerves!

Oh, and it's not a pre requisite for csu. I took it cause it was my second time applying and I applied to a few schools that did require it.

That's definitely tempting. Just not having to deal with the class. I think I would finish the class simply because it's a good course about animal sciences that will get me acquainted with large animal anatomy and physiology, something I have no experience with. Also, I'm not taking any other classes now, just working full time. So it keeps my mind busy and still focused on learning.