Entering Course Work question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizlemon123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Question.
In the AMCAS manual for entering course work they state that we should enter coursework "in chronological order, exactly as it appears on your transcript."

Does this mean the order of the classes that we enter needs to be in the same order as our transcript (like even for one term)? i. e. my school alphabetizes them by the course name...does that mean mine also needs to be alphabetical? Or does it just mean that all of our classes should be grouped by term.

I guess if I don't hear otherwise I will be re-entering and alphabetizing my entries...

Members don't see this ad.

Your school alphabetizes one long list of all the courses you have taken?

Your school alphabetizes one long list of all the courses you have taken?
No, each semester is alphabetized. For example first semester freshman year, biology comes before chemistry. However I didn't enter them in that order. Second semester freshman year, English comes before math.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, each semester is alphabetized. For example first semester freshman year, biology comes before chemistry. However I didn't enter them in that order. Second semester freshman year, English comes before math.

You should follow the instructions if you want to minimize the chance of problems. The instructions seem pretty clear.