Entry Level Jobs/Opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CampDeeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked all through this forum about what my issue is so here's being more specific:

Just Background on me: I am an undergrad achieveing to get my BA in psych and have a minor in Human Sexuality.I am still in the many musings of trying to figure out what grad program I want to go into whether it be MFT/LPC/MSW/PSYD etc. As I have stated before I have many interests right now some include working with kids, married couples/and or relationships, older adults, and LGBTQ individuals.

Right now I am thinking about my experience when it comes to Psychology and all I have besides being part of Psi Chi and Psychology clubs is The Blues Project which is a program at my school that spreads awareness about Suicide and Depression and prevention on those two topics. Other than that I feel like I have no experience whatsoever and its pretty lacking.

Right now I am not working but I have recently updated my resume and decided this would be the year I would start looking into jobs. So to address my question:

What kind of jobs should I be looking into? I have heard before obviously that there isn't anything much for people in my situation until you pretty much have the masters. Is there a way that I can get a job that is similar to my interests or would I end up just volunteering a bunch of places?

I figured though that whatever I end up doing would give me an idea of what I plan on getting myself into and if I found something that I love it might lead me to a grad program that is fitting and I would appreciate.

Any input is most helpful. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest looking at internships. Whether in your psychology department or the human sexuality department. But if you want to get a PhD or PsyD I would suggest you get research experience for your CV

Reactions: 1 user