ENT's average day at different points in career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BooRadley85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that ENTs tend to steer their practices more towards cases that can be medically managed (rather than actually operating) later in their career. I really like this idea and it seems that it would a be fairly unique trait to the field compared to other surgical specialties as they don't have a medical counterpart. You don't see TOO many (although we can all think of the exceptions) orthopods/GS actively practicing into their late 60s/70s.

True or myth?

Gracias.

Members don't see this ad.

PA here im currently at a office where the doc in his 60s stopped doing surgery all together. He just continues to see patients in office and just refers out any surgical cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with that. Gives cases to the younger and demonstrates the flexibility of the field.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Thanks all. I agree, seems like this flexibility isn't found in many other fields. Definite perk.

PA here im currently at a office where the doc in his 60s stopped doing surgery all together. He just continues to see patients in office and just refers out any surgical cases.

We have a similar set up. Two older guys who see patients and staff the allergy clinic. Myself and my partner are younger and we do the surgeries, take call, and spend a little less time in the office. The older guys will say that stopping surgery and call was a tremendous career decision. Stress level went way down and income went up. Good for everyone.

This is good info. Good to know.