Epocrates plus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GottaHaveIt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if getting the annual Epocrates plus subscription would be worth it for intern year. It's 175$ for the year I believe but gives you access to quite a few other features.

Also is it looked upon negatively to have all your resources be electronic. Will nurses try to tell my attendings that I'm always on my phone even if I'm using it for the medical apps? Would it be better to maybe get an iPad mini? I'd prefer not to if I don't have to considering I have a note 5 with a plenty big screen already.

Members don't see this ad.

yes being on electronic devices can still burn you at this level

I don't know if it's worth it or not, I did just fine with using the resources on a computer (people assume you are always working on a computer unless they can actually *see* otherwise), free apps on my phone, and pocketbooks

pocketbooks won't get you in trouble since it's obvious what you're reading

even an ipad mini people won't always see what you're doing

I think it depends on the culture of your hospital and how long your on the device. Residents at my place use iPad minis all the time and it is assumed it's for work. Even the phone is ok in the right context (for example you are placing orders at a computer and pull out your phone to look up something for a minute). If you are leaning on the wall staring at your phone for 10 mins, that's a different story. Keep in mind I'm a recently graduated MS4.

From my understand and experience... the nurses are just upset bc they see you on your phone but they re still waiting for you to ask them for their digits..