EPPP help- best company for testing materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duncan9565

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helol! I was wondering what everyone's favorite company for testing materials is. I used the Taylor Study Method and just got a 498 on the test. I'm really annoyed and want to be sure to pass next time. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I used AATBS and thought the materials and practice tests were super helpful. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
same crap different companies...i'd choose one and go with it...I used AR

At this point, I would go with what has worked for you in the past. We all study differently. Some of us study for about 2 weeks for this thing, some study for 6 months. I'd stick with what has worked for you in the past, tried and true. Maybe with the exception of definitely getting some practice tests to take, those actually help above and beyond.

I used PsychPrep and loved it. I listened to the audio files on my way to/from work, scheduled time into my day to take practice tests and review them (per their recommendations), and that's just about all I did. I barely read anything, and I learned a lot. But, everyone learns differently. Taking the practice tests and reviewing the items was definitely helpful.

I can never remember the company names for some reason, but want to say I used both AATBS and Academic Review. I recall one providing significantly more depth in its materials than the other, to the point of being overkill. And I agree with WisNeuro--just stick with what's worked best for you in the past, if you've gotten that figured out at this point. Personally, I found taking multiple practice exams (as in, 4-5/week for the two weeks prior to the test) and reviewing the answers/rationales to be the most high-yield part of my test prep.

Edit: Looking at T4C's post below, I'm guessing it was AATBS's materials that were (IMO) overly in-depth, meaning I preferred the stuff from Academic Review. I did like AATBS's practice tests for the fact that they were tricky, though; I always prefer my practice exams to be more difficult than the real thing.

Last edited:
Helol! I was wondering what everyone's favorite company for testing materials is. I used the Taylor Study Method and just got a 498 on the test. I'm really annoyed and want to be sure to pass next time. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you to consider if your experience had more to do with study technique and commitment, rather than material.

same crap different companies...i'd choose one and go with it...I used AR

I agree fully.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it really depends on your strengths/weaknesses in regard to the content.

I had free access to AATBS, which was comprehensive, but the written material was dense and the tests were consistently the hardest. I decided to buy online access to the Psych Prep online tests, which I found the most in line with the questions I saw on the actually EPPP. If you have a solid foundation of knowledge, I think getting access to online practice exams should be sufficient, though if you need to fill in a bunch of gaps…getting the more in-depth study materials is probably the way to go.

I would suggest you to consider if your experience had more to do with study technique and commitment, rather than material.

I agree fully.
Trust me my commitment was not the problem. Thanks everyone for
Your help!