Equations for Force

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HollowSuperet36

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've learned it helps alot to play around with units and equations to help solve complicated problems easily.

Anyway, just wanted to put up my equations for force and see if there are any derivations Im overlooking for the whole picture.

F = ma = ma-T = (mv^2)/r = Gmm/r^2 = kqq/r^2 = qvbsin@ = ILB = Eq = Pressure * A = -kx = Density * V * g = Power / Velocity

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just making a list of all the different types of forces and force equations?

yeah just because I have had numerous questions on all FL's that require the cross conversion using multiple equations equated together. Just seeing if there is anything I forgot.

yeah just because I have had numerous questions on all FL's that require the cross conversion using multiple equations equated together. Just seeing if there is anything I forgot.

What's the density*v*g one?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is really cool. I'd also want to throw momentum in there. Momentum is force times time, so you could add: F = P/t

or this might be easier to read: F = mv/t

I kind of like the second one, because I can never remember what P stands for, and it's easy to derive: F = ma = m(v/t) = mv/t