ERAS downloading applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juliauyihjlkja

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I applied to 280 programs both PGY-1 and Advanced on September 15th. however only 2 programs downloaded my application so far!! what does it mean?? I am getting filter or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I applied to 280 programs both PGY-1 and Advanced on September 15th. however only 2 programs downloaded my application so far!! what does it mean?? I am getting filter or what?
They can't filter until after the download.

All it means is that the program coordinator haven't had the time to download the million applications they got on the first day. It's not an instantaneous process. They'll get to it.

Keep calm and carry on.

They can't filter until after the download.

All it means is that the program coordinator haven't had the time to download the million applications they got on the first day. It's not an instantaneous process. They'll get to it.

Keep calm and carry on.
Are you sure about it? So why I keep hearing that so many programs never download an application and we still need to pay for their application! Doesn't it mean that they can filter before downloading?

I got an email that one program received my application and not to expect anything until after October 1st. Then I also received an interview from a different program without having ever gotten something saying they downloaded my application. I don't think it matters. Not every program is going to send a form email saying they are looking at your app. I was wondering if there was some app status section of ERAS I was missing.

I got an email that one program received my application and not to expect anything until after October 1st. Then I also received an interview from a different program without having ever gotten something saying they downloaded my application. I don't think it matters. Not every program is going to send a form email saying they are looking at your app. I was wondering if there was some app status section of ERAS I was missing.
Oh! interesting! Thank you very much, I though whenever a program downloads an application it would send automatic email to candidate for notification. especially because one of those 2 programs that have downloaded mine was where I had done observership in there!! having said that not all the programs will do this is interesting!

Do you know any thing about this?
https://www.umc.edu/uploadedFiles/U...ent Tracking System for Applicants (ADTS).pdf
I couldn't find such part in my eras profile?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh! interesting! Thank you very much, I though whenever a program downloads an application it would send automatic email to candidate for notification. especially because one of those 2 programs that have downloaded mine was where I had done observership in there!! having said that not all the programs will do this is interesting!
Repeat after me: THERE IS NO DOWNLOADING OF APPLICATIONS.

Say it again

One more time.

Any communication you get is directly from the program through ERAS and is not automatic.

Everyone needs to chill the hell out.

Reactions: 2 users