ERAS interview scheduling tool - Majority used or outside ERAS email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc_MD77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do most residency programs contact us through the ERAS interview scheduling tool or outside emails? The tool look like a good way to track and stay on top of all our interviews. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do most residency programs contact us through the ERAS interview scheduling tool or outside emails? The tool look like a good way to track and stay on top of all our interviews. Thanks!

I know of several programs at my institution that are going to give it a shot this year, but after debating the merits my PD and I decided to stay with our traditional "call or email the PC" method. I think it will work well for programs that send out all their invitations at once, but we send out a few at a time (as the Selection Committee makes decisions), and some dates are more popular than others. It's not uncommon for me to have an applicant who will choose an open date but ask to be on a wait list for another date that is currently filled. The ERAS system won't let us do that--the invited applicant has to either choose an open slot or wait list themselves. We're afraid that is going to cause a lot more confusion in the long run than sticking with a system that has worked well for the last 20 years.

Reactions: 1 user