ERAS Letter of Recommendation Portal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waldenwoods

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the AAMC's site regarding ERAS applications and, in particular, this page: https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/282520/lor_portal.html. I tried a search on SDN, and I didn't find the AAMC's FAQ helpful for this question. If I am reading this correctly, anyone applying for residency/fellowship positions through ERAS later this year (in 2015) is considered part of ERAS 2016? And, if so, any letter writers must upload the letter themselves and they cannot send letters to the medical school to upload?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the ERAS year is the year of the Match that you will participate in. So ERAS 2015 opened in 2014 and is for the 2015 Match.
And yes, starting with the next cycle schools cannot upload LORs.

I had all my LOR writers upload the letters themselves/their secretaries did it. You just provide a link and I assume it is fairly straightforward from that point.

It's very easy, the process is as follows:

1. applicant signs into ERAS and creates a letter request form for each individual LOR. This form will include the name of the applicant, the name of the letter writer, and a unique letter ID
2. applicant sends this letter request form to the letter writer
3. letter writer signs into ERAS (must create a username/password if don't have already) and uploads a letter that is synced to the applicant using the unique letter ID