Other ERAS question - do the files on the account "roll over" to the next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LocutusofBorg

Asklepian Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I opened an ERAS account for the 2015 match, but I decided against applying this year. I want to pass Step 3 and get more US clinical experiences in order to be more competitive for IM (my only love, my sweetest dream!).

A program director for my undergrad rotation wrote me an LOR. If she uploads it now, to my 2015 ERAS account, will it stay in the system when I register for the 2016 ERAS token? Or will she have to upload again?

Thank you for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. When you register for ERAS 2016 you will have the option to select which LORs you want to have carried over from 2015. You can also carry over a photo if you have uploaded one and your MSPE and medical school transcripts are transferred over as well.

Hope that helps

Not a problem.

I copied this info for you b/c it says that you have to ensure that you actually created a LOR slot for the letter writer and finalized it in ERAS. I don't think you actually have to assign it to a program or apply to at least one program for this to hold true but you may want to confirm with ERAS call center. See below:

"If you participated in the ERAS 2014 season and also participate in the ERAS 2015 season, ECFMG considers you to be a Repeat Applicant. You will be identified as a Repeat Applicant automatically at the time you make an ERAS 2015 Token request via OASIS.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are a Repeat Applicant for the ERAS 2015 season only if you participated in ERAS 2014; applicants from prior ERAS seasons will not be identified as Repeat Applicants. Additionally, identification as a Repeat Applicant does not apply to residents in training who plan to apply for fellowship programs.
Repeat Applicants are not required to resubmit:
  • Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs)
  • medical school transcripts
  • photographs
  • letters of recommendation (LoRs) that were transmitted to the ERAS PostOffice during ERAS 2014
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only those LoRs that were transmitted to the ERAS PostOffice during ERAS 2014 will be available for reuse for ERAS 2015. If you submitted an LoR but did not reserve a slot for the LoR in MyERAS during ERAS 2014, that LoR was not transmitted to the ERAS PostOffice and will not be available for reuse for ERAS 2015. To use that letter for ERAS 2015, resubmit it to ERAS Support Services".

Just want you to make sure your letter will carry over.