ERAS question- LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baculum1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow rad onc lurkers,

The first day of reckoning is coming on Sept 15, the first day to "certify" our applications. What is my problem? none of my letters have come in yet, except my medicine chairman letter. I have four rad onc letters coming in, one from a program chair, one from home program rad onc faculty, one from big wig and final one from super big wig. How much is it going to hurt me to submit after Sept 15? At this point, i will not be able to submit by that date and my letter writers are supposedly working on it. The next question would be what if a few letters are in and a few are still lagging behind? am I able to submit my applications and go back and "assign" the additional letters afterwards or if i submit without them it's basically like they weren't there? Advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Deep breath….

Program Director here and rest assured that most (not all) programs will NOT be looking at applications on September 15 as this coincides with ASTRO meeting. Most (again not all) programs wait to begin looking at the applicant pool until after the MSPE (Dean's Letter) which is generally available on October 1. I will leave it to the rest of the commenters to state (with abundant data) when invitations for interviews go out but it is usually after October 20.

Good luck.