ERAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camedstudent23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Step1 score was pretty good (240-245) but a couple programs I am applying to require Step2CK to be considered for an interview (BID, BU, Virginia Mason, Penn). My score won't be back until Sep21, 6 days after ERAS opens (Sep 15). I understand I am being pretty neurotic at this point, but will this hurt my interview chances at these schools? 2 of them are my top choices as of right now (based on location/family). I am an AMG by the way, rest of app is average to above average. Basically just wondering if these programs grant a large chunk of interviews within a week of ERAS opening. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Beth Israel and Penn give interviews without step 1. Don't know about the others. I think you'll do fine with your step score but it's pretty hard to get an interview at Penn from what I hear.

Beth Israel and Penn give interviews without step 1. Don't know about the others. I think you'll do fine with your step score but it's pretty hard to get an interview at Penn from what I hear.

Hey Psai, are you sure about BID? Haven't got a chance to speak with the Penn PC (just saw they said they needed it on FREIDA), but BID PC told me over the phone they needed it. Maybe she meant it more in the way of "We would like to see it".

Members don't see this ad :)
I hardly think that a 6 day delay would be much of an issue, I had many classmates who didn't take Step 2 until fairly late into MS-4 year.

But if any programs bring it up just reassure that you'll have it in a few days and send it along accordingly.

Hey Psai, are you sure about BID? Haven't got a chance to speak with the Penn PC (just saw they said they needed it on FREIDA), but BID PC told me over the phone they needed it. Maybe she meant it more in the way of "We would like to see it".
Yea Frieda is not accurate. I didn't take step 2ck til December with a similar step 1 score and got almost every interview I wanted including Penn. I actually called Cornell which said something similar on Freida and the pc denied it. She said to make sure it was in before match.

I interviewed at BID, they never saw my Step 2. It's been three years, so maybe that's a new change? Wasn't that way my year, though. Didn't apply to any of the other programs mentioned.

What about taking step 2 CK in October or November? Still ok as long as step 1 is decent?