Esmolol for sepsis.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You define "failed". If you don't know what it means, then you need to spend more time educating yourself. Lol. I'm not here to do free teaching. Go look it up. It will be good for you.

And you're the robot if you think everything we do needs a randomized trial. The irony of the accusation would be comically cartoonish if it wasnt for the fact that it you're sadly a hypocrite with the incorrect accusation and you don't even know it.

Thanks for the conversation! Clown.

Members don't see this ad.

What's clear is that 2win needs some "free education" in the English language. :laugh:

anyone can come on this forum and be a contrarian: "prove it" or "define failed". thats fine. you are right, some things we do because we believe them to be true, i.e. using medicines to increase blood pressure to normal ranges when it is artificially decreased due to infection or illness. that is something i can take as valuable until i see evidence telling me its harmful. outside the box thinking is absolutely beneficial in many, many situations, but simply arguing that you have no proof for everything in medicine is just antagonistic. also, there arent that many outside the box fixes for systemic hypotension related to distributive shock. You can choose to allow the pressure to be low, which we know is harmful; you can choose to overload the patients circulating volume, which we know to be harmful; you can place the patient on mechanical support, which is aggressive (but could be outside the box); you can augment vasomotor tone with exogenous catecholamines - whats your solution?

i suppose that your solution is the same as ours, you are simply using this opportunity to be antagonistic and claim superiority. why not teach something along the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is semi-entertaining. I advocate for EBM because its the best we got, but at some point you have to realize its limitations and can't be an EBM snob. Not using pressors is like arguing that you would jump out of an airplane without a parachute, because no one has done that RCT proving it prevents death. DO you want to jump? I don't.

this is semi-entertaining. I advocate for EBM because its the best we got, but at some point you have to realize its limitations and can't be an EBM snob. Not using pressors is like arguing that you would jump out of an airplane without a parachute, because no one has done that RCT proving it prevents death. DO you want to jump? I don't.

Ironically...EBM isn't evidence based :poke: