Essay help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CirUmeUela

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm working on my essays for my optometry school application right now and one in particular is kinda stumping me. Here it is:

"Tell us about an experience that led to self-evaluation and resulted in personal change."

So I think it's asking something like "Tell me about something that happened to you that made you really look at yourself and made you realize you needed to change something about yourself.”

All I can think of is to say something like "Oh man, this one time I really screwed up. I realized that I was being slacker, lazy and I was also distracted. Since then, I changed my ways and became a super awesome hard worker. I achieve all of my goals now." (This is obviously an overly sarcastic exaggerated response but hopefully you know what I mean)

So how do I respond to this kind of question? Really not sure what to say...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I'm working on my essays for my optometry school application right now and one in particular is kinda stumping me. Here it is:

"Tell us about an experience that led to self-evaluation and resulted in personal change."

So I think it's asking something like "Tell me about something that happened to you that made you really look at yourself and made you realize you needed to change something about yourself.”

All I can think of is to say something like "Oh man, this one time I really screwed up. I realized that I was being slacker, lazy and I was also distracted. Since then, I changed my ways and became a super awesome hard worker. I achieve all of my goals now." (This is obviously an overly sarcastic exaggerated response but hopefully you know what I mean)

So how do I respond to this kind of question? Really not sure what to say...

Thanks!

How about just answering the question in an honest, straightforward way?

How about just answering the question in an honest, straightforward way?
I don't have a problem being honest, I'm just not sure what the question is really asking me. I think I'm gonna write about a time when I accomplished a goal, something I really wanted that took a lot of courage and made me realize I could accomplish a lot more.