Ethnocentrism NS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basophilic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of the following groups will feel the LEAST amount of ethnocentrism?
B. A group with a high socioeconomic status
D. A group that has alternated having political representation with another group.

I don't understand why the answer is B. Never seen this implied on TPR addendum, Wikipedia, or Khan videos. Also, I don't understand why D is wrong; if Group A is willing to alternate between members of Group A and members of Group B for political representation (and vice versa), then why wouldn't there be reduced ethnocentrism b/w A and B?

Members don't see this ad.

Because this question asks you to rank answers (includes the word least), could you post the other options, too?

I chose D too :(. this is from practice passage 2 from NS right? Lol . i feel like there answer choice explanation is bad.. :(

Because this question asks you to rank answers (includes the word least), could you post the other options, too?

A. A group who has just entered an armed conflict with another nearby group
C. A group in which members wearing similar clothing is encouraged

I felt these were straightforward to eliminate and hence didn't included in OP. I don't understand the negative correlation b/w SES and degree of ethnocentrism and why D is wrong.

I honestly don't see why B is correct, and I think D is vaguely written. You interpreted D as people willingly switching political representation, but I interpreted it as Group A having representation and Group B as not having it, when before this was not the case. A lack of representation might spawn animosity between the groups, leading to ethnocentrism. I guess I might choose B by process of elimination, but overall I think the answer choices are poorly written.