Exact opening times for MCAT July/August dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuResurgens

Newbie!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AAMC website says July/August tests open April 21, but there's no time. Will it just open at midnight then? I need to be on pretty much as soon as it opens to get the spot I want.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
While I'm at it, do the July/August dates fill up fast like the earlier ones do? I'm waiting for FAP approval and it looks like it won't be done by the time the 21st comes around. Hopefully a couple days won't kill me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, good to know. Thanks! Do you know anything about how fast late summer MCATs tend to fill? I would think not as quickly as the earlier ones, but it's hard to say with the new MCAT.

For the old MCAT, they would fill up but people would drop them for different dates/locations. Just had to be diligent in checking. I think this year it will fill up faster to be honest due to the shortage of dates compared to the old MCAT.

For the registration in February (for April-June exams), they opened registration around 7:30-7:45 EST and then sent the tweet out around 8:00 EST.

Reactions: 1 users
this doesn't answer your original question, but I'm also a FAP recipient. My application got approved 2 business days after being submitted, so you might actually be clear to register on April 21.

If not, I know registration for September doesn't open until April 23, so that buys a few extra days for them to get things processed?

this doesn't answer your original question, but I'm also a FAP recipient. My application got approved 2 business days after being submitted, so you might actually be clear to register on April 21.

If not, I know registration for September doesn't open until April 23, so that buys a few extra days for them to get things processed?

Yeah, it actually got approved yesterday, so I was excited about that! I've been conditioned that in any case of review pending financial approval, whatever organization it is usually takes at least the full time they allot to themselves, and sometimes more. I was really appreciative that the AAMC got it done much faster than expected.