Examkrackers 10 week home study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Telekinesis

Gig 'Em
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here try it?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok Bump. How did the pod students study for the MCAT? Was it a course? Home study? What materials did you all use? There isn't a class near my location so I was trying to come up with a home study method.

SN2ed 3 month study schedule though I condensed it down to 6 weeks. Got a score of 32 (12BS, 12 VS, 8 PS) though I could have done alot better on the PS if I finished the physics portion of my review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I focused on the subjects that I was weak on. Ignored O-Chem entirely since I'm an O-chem tutor and I took physiology and biochem the semester prior to my MCAT exam so it was fresh in my mind.

Honestly though, you don't need to study all that hard for MCAT if you're solely applying for DPM. I generally studied in the evenings after work (10-12 hours a week for 6 weeks) with the mindset that I only need to get a low to mid 20s to be accepted to most podiatry schools. I didn't take any of the AAMC practice tests so I wasn't too sure how I stand prior to taking the MCAT. However, I was a little surprised that I managed to break 30 points. In my honest opinion after taking the MCAT, if you have a solid foundation of the basic sciences, then you don't need to go all out on the MCAT study.

Good luck

Those books are the best. Examskrackers and practice MCATs were the only study material I used and I self studied from them for 2 months over the summer. I got a 23 on a practice MCAT before I studied and then got a 28 on the real test. Just do a couple hours a day, don't burn yourself out!

I didn't really get through the entire O Chem book myself though, I decided not to focus on Orgo and just take the hit on those questions. If you desperately need to score higher than what you get on your first practice test I would take a MCAT tutoring course.

Examkrackers are the way to go. Focus on all of the subjects that are highlighted on the margins of the pages - they tend to be important!

Last edited: