ExamKrackers Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidwmn

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone studied from the Examkrackers Complete MCAT book??? I've only read people refering to the individual books :confused: ...I'm curious cause I need to purchase the books soon to study and I want to get the book or books that will help me out the best.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that EK has a complete book, what they have is a complete set of books called the complete study package. They are excellent, I used them, I havent got score yet from Aug but was ave. 31 on practice tests.

Has anyone heard whether exam krackers is planning on releasing a new edition of their complete MCAT Study package fairly soon? I thought at one point I saw somebody say that here but I went to their website and didn't see anything about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caligirl98 said:
Has anyone heard whether exam krackers is planning on releasing a new edition of their complete MCAT Study package fairly soon? I thought at one point I saw somebody say that here but I went to their website and didn't see anything about it.

Jon said that they are releasing the 6th edition books later on this year. Probably around late November.

I found their physics text and biology text to be very good and insightful. I agree with a previous poster that I wish I had their physics book when I was taking the class. It's like "Thinking Physics" if you want to know what their writing style is like. They use many of the same examples, so if you like "Thinking Physics" then you'll like EK physics.

Thanks Heidegger!

I want to take the MCAT in April 2005 so I was planning on buying the complete study package now but if they are coming out with a new edition in November do you think it would be worth it to wait until then to get the new edition?

would you let me know how you did on the MCAT's when you get the info...I'd like to know if the EK books helped. I'm so nervous!
Thanks.

Same here,
Also do you think the EK books are sufficient enough to practice for the mcat, additionally what do you guys think about EK 1001 series books as well as verbal 101?

I used the complete set of EK review books in addition to Kaplan course practice material. I find the EK books were pretty useful as I took the pre-reqs six years ago; they provided succinct information with good memonics. Verbal 101 was pretty good too. EK review books doesn't provided much practice questions at all.

I'm assuming that you took mcat in august, if it's not too personal would you might sending me your score when you receive it?

silkworm said:
I used the complete set of EK review books in addition to Kaplan course practice material. I find the EK books were pretty useful as I took the pre-reqs six years ago; they provided succinct information with good memonics. Verbal 101 was pretty good too. EK review books doesn't provided much practice questions at all.

Ditto...would like to know what your scores were as a result of using EK books.

Thanks!!1