Examkrackers good guide to study for without any College Science Background.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raihan Mirza

The Lone Rider
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the MCATS in 12 months, however I have no good science Background. I don't remember most of the stuff I learned in bio, chem, organic chem or physics class. I passed all those classes with low grades. I plan to ace the MCATs to make up for those low grades. I plan to maintain at least an 35 or higher on the MCATs. If I study really hard the EK Complete Home Study Package with the 10 week program that would be expanded into 12 months and studying with the 12 Audio Osmosis CDs, is there a chance I can maintain a 35 or better on the MCATs?

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldn't recommend it without good science background. its great because its kind of concise and tells you exactly what you need to know but it says thats what you need to know because it assumes you have some background. i think it requires a certain foundation. perhaps, look into some textbooks to supplement like library books or something.

Do you know any good books I should pair up with EK to get the most out of the EK book Since I have a really bad science background?

2/3 of the exam is based on undergraduate science courses. You need to take a practice exam for a reality check. Go to www.aamc.org and take the online practice test. I think you will answer your own question. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Adam