Exercise & Fitness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I know as a Podiatrist many can focus on primary care, surgery, bio-mechanics, and/or sports medicine, however, has there been any history of Podiatrist solely focusing on Exercise & Fitness? Linking Diabetes and such? I've been doing a lot of research on the many fields I would love to focus on, but wanted some kind of insight on this topic.

And sorry if this question has already been answered previously!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone!

I know as a Podiatrist many can focus on primary care, surgery, bio-mechanics, and/or sports medicine, however, has there been any history of Podiatrist solely focusing on Exercise & Fitness? Linking Diabetes and such? I've been doing a lot of research on the many fields I would love to focus on, but wanted some kind of insight on this topic.

And sorry if this question has already been answered previously!

Exercise and fitness? How does this relate to the F/A?

Exercise and fitness? How does this relate to the F/A?

Im sorry if I've asked a dumb question. I just wanted to know specifically if there are known Podiatrist who focused on gait and motion with more of an emphasis on Exercise and Fitness. Again, Im sorry if this question is a little off. I am still getting to know the field and want to get all my 'dumb' questions out of the way now!! Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean, specifically?

There are a lot of pods that know gaits, and a lot that know sports medicine...what about the two are you trying to ask?

Im sorry if I've asked a dumb question. I just wanted to know specifically if there are known Podiatrist who focused on gait and motion with more of an emphasis on Exercise and Fitness. Again, Im sorry if this question is a little off. I am still getting to know the field and want to get all my 'dumb' questions out of the way now!! Thanks in advance.

I didn't mean for my question to sound condescending. I just didn't understand how they were related and what you were thinking, that's all.

Ask away! Ask anything!

This thread is old, but there is a good point in here along the lines of your question:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501214&highlight=exercise+physiology

Ok, maybe it isn't as applicable as I thought... Maybe I just wanted to post one of my old posts from 5 years ago :)

Hahaaaaa no worries! It was actually interesting since I am an Epidemiologist (MPH) :) And to add to that, I received this degree so that I know how to conduct my own research-How to create study design, meta analysis, data analysis, and interpretation without having to depend on outsiders (even though consulting will be done, I thought it was a nice to have, especially for the first few years of my career I would like to travel to underserved countries to deliver care and conduct research :) )

Last edited:
I didn't mean for my question to sound condescending. I just didn't understand how they were related and what you were thinking, that's all.

Ask away! Ask anything!

Lol no no not at all! I think I was the one feeling dumb because I didnt know how to ask the question! haaa After doing more research, I think what I'm asking would still fall into the Sports Medicine Realm. I really dont know how else to word it, so instead, lets say a fitness guru such as Tony Horton or someone wanted to pursue a career in podiatry. How would they use this degree to their maximum benefit given their background?

Haaa I hope this is a better approach!